Thread: S/S Headers?

I was thinking about having my friend make me a set of stainless steel water injected headers, they will probably be made from 304 stainless. Does anyone have a set? I was just wondering how they will last and how long they will look good for?

Moneypitt
    Hope you like BLUE

SmokinLowriderSS
    Awwww MP, that'll polish right out.

That is exactly why I asked; I didnt want to throw my $$$ away. Thanks again

msmeads1
    Hope you like BLUE
    you mean YELLOW.
    I have a set on my turbo motor. If I had over to do again, I would have it made out of steel, then ceramic coat the inside to reduce the heat and then coat the out side with that "chrome" powder coating.
    Good luck

SmokinLowriderSS
    Even chromed, they'll blue near the heads, especially if you idle very much. No cooling water at idle = hot tubes.

River Rat 005
    With water injection, I don't think they would turn blue or burn any more than chromed steel.

RockIt
    304 Stainless is what Gil and Corsa used to make pipes from. MIne have been very durable. If you get 10 gallons per minute (water) per 100 HP the pipes should survive. 304 can be polised or painted.

VDRIVERACING
    I have a used set of cmi sport tubes. they are polished SS and are waterjacketed except for the last couple inches of the collector. Other than that small section, you can put yout hand on them while running and the are indistinquisable from ordinary chrome headers. They can also be fitted with jacketed extensions if you decide to over transom.
    Here's a pic from when I had them in my cruiser, they sit about the same height as the top of the blower, and hug the engine nicely. Let me know if you're interested. I can let you have them for probably less that making dry SS headers would cost.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1176238090