Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do! (involved alcohol)

eliminated1
    Had a party for the fight last nite and one of our good friend who has no kids gave 2 14 year old girls a jello shot . He admits he gave the girls a shot and that girls kept pressuring him to give them the shot. The story from the two girls is the same they said we kept bugging him foe the shot . Now the 2 parents of the girls want to prees charges on the guy . Is that right. The friend was drinking and made a bad decision, now 2 parents want to ruin his life with this charge . This friend accually has a child he provides for but is not allowd visitation (thats why i said no kids) and cant do so if behind bars. The big kicker in this is the uncle of one of the girls who got a shot violently went after the the guy who gave the shot and a fight insued (no injuries thank god) and set a very bad example infront of all the kids. This is breaking many long frendships up because of a mistake on not 1 mans fault in making a bad decision by giving alcohol but all of us reacting in the wrong manner. So would you pess charges the friend giving alcohol or the uncle being violent ,Both! Or should you sit all the families down and learn from it and move on. We all have teenagers and we we all were teenagers once. We all have made bad decisions as adults also which problably included alcohol.

Boatcop
    Drinking age is 21. We're called adults since we're supposed to have better judgment then teenagers. Giving alcohol to a minor is a crime. If the parents want to press charges, that's their choice and right.
    What, if after downing a few jello shots, these 14 year old girls wanted to have sex your friend? After all it's their choice, and your friend had been drinking, so it's not his fault, right? The girls were bugging him for it, so he's absolved of all responsibility, right?
    Bad decisions have consequences. If you're lucky, the parents won't drag your butt into this, since it was your party. If you're not lucky, I hope you have a good lawyer.

curtiej
    How about taking a look at the kids.Do you think this is thier first time drinking.Sure the guy was wrong but to press charges come on.

lewiville
    Bad decisions have consequences. If you're lucky, the parents won't drag your butt into this, since it was your party. If you're not lucky, I hope you have a good lawyer.
    Oh boy! :jawdrop: I have seen this happen more than enough times to know that if they are pressing charges they will by-pass your buddy and go right to you. I hope you dont owne your home? They wont go after your friend ( they might ), but from my experience and seeing this happen ( not on my part ) the parents will get a layer and sue you right to the poor house.

Schiada76
    We had some friends at the river house two years ago ask my wife to make their 16 year old daughter a margarita.:sqeyes:
    They can't figure out why they haven't been invited back.

lewiville
    We had some friends at the river house two years ago ask my wife to make their 16 year old daughter a margarita.:sqeyes:
    They can't figure out why they haven't been invited back.
    very good move. Because of that you still have your house

John.
    if the friend could go and grab the jello shots, then why couldn't the girls just sneak the shots themselves? bad decision, but I don't think it was bad enough to press charges. I assume that they didn't get drunk off the 1 shot and do other bad things themselves. how did the parents even find out? worse decision of the father to start a fight over it. he was probably hyped up on alcohol and after watching the fights on TV wanted one himself.

John.
    Oh boy! :jawdrop: I have seen this happen more than enough times to know that if they are pressing charges they will by-pass your buddy and go right to you. I hope you dont owne your home? They wont go after your friend ( they might ), but from my experience and seeing this happen ( not on my part ) the parents will get a layer and sue you right to the poor house.
    just curious, what would the parents have to sue over? what loss did they have over 1 jello shot?

desperado
    How many daughters do you have ultrajohn?

Now that the legal opinion has been rendered, maybe a little "social" opinion is in order. Yup, your friend screwed up. Did it do any harm to the kids? No. Would it do any good to prosecute him? No. The parents are over-reacting and are avoiding another important fact... the kids were bugging him to give them a shot. A sit down with all parties involved would be best case (if possible).
    The whole having sex after a shot scenario smacks of reefer madness paranoia. Please. Next, it'll be turning into a crackwhore of heroin addict and shots are a starter drug.:jawdrop:

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast