Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What would you do! (involved alcohol)

SB
    Some people send their kids off to college at 18 with zero knowledge about booze, sex, and drugs. These parents have not their jobs.
    Start giving a kid a glass of wine with dinner at age 14, like in Europe.

Coded-Dude
    I'm going to start with whiskey in the baby bottle at 14 months.........

ratso
    at 18 you can buy a house,car,boat and go to war and DIE but can't drink till your 21 :devil:
    I had thought about mentioning that... We have turned away people without proper ID's... they had military ID's... but had to turn them away from the club I was working at because they didn't have an "official" driver's license on them. I think it's bullshit, but it was company policy. You are right, they can fight and/or die for our country, but they can't have a beer... http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif

Racey
    Eliminated1, to answer the original post.. I think I'd get some better friends. I've only hung out with one person in my life (briefly) that I could imagine him pressing charges on someone, or sueing someone for something.. and I don't hang out with him anymore.
    To kinda go against the grain here with regards to the kids. Who gives a shit if they had a jello shot? Obviously their parents do, but they are living in a fantasy land. I can't think of one person that I know that didn't have relatively easy access to alcohol by that age, and in most cases alot earlier?
    I have no kids, but I can tell you point blank in today's world if my kids were going to drink I'd much rather have them with me, then out partying with friends. Nowdayz if a kid gets caught drinking they try to ruin their whole lives over something that damn near everyone did when they were younger.. Makes no sense to me.
    For those that are rolling their eyes.. How many "keggers" did you goto when you were in high school? I know I went to plenty, and hosted my fair share as well.
    RD
    That is 100% correct RD, Huge over-reaction, if the parents are drinkers they should have zero problem with their kids having one Jello Shot at that age, it's alot better to learn about alcohol at a younger rather than an older age.
    Of all the people i know and hang out with the most responsible drinkers are the ones that have been around booze since they were kids, the people that had their first drink at 21 are 9 times out of 10 totally out of controll when they drink I have personally beared witness to this dozens after dozens of times.
    It may be against the law to drink at that age, but right/wrong, and legal/illegal are two completely different things. Laws aren't always the best guide to morality, and common sense. And if there were adults, friends, and family around that means the kids couldnt get into too much trouble even if they were DRUNK, which aint happening over a jello shot.

Queenbee
    jello shots are for eating out of the cleavage of a big breasted women or getting chicks in the sack... nothing more.
    I need to hang out with more people that have your point of view!!!:devil:
    My husband and I have already discussed the underage drinking thing in respect to our kids. As we both did, I'd rather hand my son a beer and chill with him at age 15 or 16 in the desert as opposed to him hanging out somewhere in his car and drinking stolen booze with is friends. There's a time and a place where its appropriate and there's a limit to how much consumption is appropriate.

Coded-Dude
    There's a time and a place where its appropriate and there's a limit to how much consumption is appropriate.
    When and how much is what separates the USERS from the ABUSERS.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910