Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do! (involved alcohol)

SHOTKALLIN
    IMHO Jello shots should not be served around teenagers if you don't want them drinking. When I was a teenager my folks had wine coolers at thier parties and we definitely sneaked a few. Was it terrible? No. Predictable? I would think so. The guy who served the shots is obviously a moron. Every family has them. Why else would someone not have visitation to his own kids? Honestly it sounds olike your friends life is already ruined.

AZJD
    Who cares, tell your kids not to drink and get over it. :idea:
    Beat me to it Paul! Let cooler heads prevail in a day or two! And if your inviting people that are bringing kids to a party with alcohol, they will get it while no ones looking if they want it bad enough......I always did. As far as the uncle trying to fight, he needs to have some charges pressed against him. He set a great example!

Mandelon
    The kids see the grownups doing the shots, and having fun, and typically the more alcohol, the more fun....
    They are just imitating the adults...that's what kids do.
    My kids get virgin margaritas. So far they understand the rules, gotta be 21. Its the law, they can't argue the point.
    Heck, I am 21 twice now.... LOL

460 jus getn it
    Bad decision, chalk it up as a bad decision and everyone move on. If the parties have been friends for years, this is a silly thing to ruin frindships over. Chances are this isnt the first time the girls have drank. The parents of these 2 girls better to some looking into there childs lives. Next is them having sex and getting prego.

Now that the legal opinion has been rendered, maybe a little "social" opinion is in order. Yup, your friend screwed up. Did it do any harm to the kids? No. Would it do any good to prosecute him? No. The parents are over-reacting and are avoiding another important fact... the kids were bugging him to give them a shot. A sit down with all parties involved would be best case (if possible).
    The whole having sex after a shot scenario smacks of reefer madness paranoia. Please. Next, it'll be turning into a crackwhore of heroin addict and shots are a starter drug.:jawdrop:
    I agree with Rooooostwear! Over reacting, Just drop it.

MudPumper
    Now that the legal opinion has been rendered, maybe a little "social" opinion is in order. Yup, your friend screwed up. Did it do any harm to the kids? No. Would it do any good to prosecute him? No. The parents are over-reacting and are avoiding another important fact... the kids were bugging him to give them a shot. A sit down with all parties involved would be best case (if possible).
    The whole having sex after a shot scenario smacks of reefer madness paranoia. Please. Next, it'll be turning into a crackwhore of heroin addict and shots are a starter drug.:jawdrop:
    exactly! ...kids these days are going to go shit, either was...i never give the under age one shit.... the guy sho
    uld of said "its there if you want it but, i am not giving it to you"...to bad he got caught up in this mess...
    i am around a grip of what i call "the kiddies" since i dont judge ...listen. and am kewl with them.... the tell me alot of shit...if parents only knew...boy do i have stories...
    PPL ALWAYS WANT TO BLAME "SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING"...
    Geez, make sure those parents don't take their kids to Europe.
    The guy goofed up, but to make a legal case out of it is just silly. :sqeyes:
    Exactly!!!

Wet Dream
    WOW. What happened to our society? These do-good douche bags want to press charges? Are they so pure that they never did things as kids? Illegal or not, get real. If the kids got drunk, that might be one thing, but for one Jello shot, go screw. Thats the equivalent of doing 56 in a 55.

Peach and strawberry !
    thanx you'll be fine then all is well....If they were lime, OH SHEET you would be in deeeeeeeeeeeeep water

Boatcop
    My reference to sex wasn't to imply that one jello shot would turn them into nymphomaniacs. It was to illustrate that adults are the ones that need to be responsible when teenagers are around, and to not use the excuse that "he'd been drinking" to rationalize bad behavior.
    Children (and yes, 14 years old is still a child) can't always make the right decisions. That's what we're here for.

eliminated1
    Thanks for the responses i never thought this thread would build this fast . I feel the same way . JUST DROP IT AND LETS ALL MOVE ON AS FRIENDS!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast