Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: What would you do! (involved alcohol)

Baja Big Dog
    "THATS WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR"
    Not the first redeo for these little butes!!
    IM thinking sueing for 100k should take care of the problems.
    Let me guress, the parents drove the little cuties home with a BAC over the legal limit....

ratso
    The kids parents need to look at themselves, and screw this bullshit about them being minors... Hell I read where 5th graders were having sex in the classroom...maybe their parents can sue the school since they've done a poor job raising their kids... Any talk about lawsuits over something so trivial really pisses me off!

JetBoatRich
    I always like these threads

HTRDLNCN
    (sorry for continued hijack)
    That Nakita, she is my 4 year old Alaskan Malamute.
    She is happiest in or around the water.

my gosh i LOVE your avater...http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...006/Image1.jpg
    is that your dog?...looks like my beloved lobo...RIP...i know i knowhttp://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/hijack.gif

C-2
    Let me guress, the parents drove the little cuties home with a BAC over the legal limit....
    Yup, and I'll add:
    SOBER UP before deciding to go all legal on friends.
    What a bunch of drama-filled lightweights. When I first started reading this thread, I thought to myself – The easy answer is wait until Monday, by then everybody is sober and the hangy-poo is gone. Then reflect back on the evening’s events.
    Caving in a few hours later just reinforces what everybody else has already pointed out – it was a drunken mess.
    (and no offense meant to eliminated1)

Coded-Dude
    My parents used to let me have a few beers at the lake.....
    They KNEW I wasn't going anywhere, and I had plenty of supervision(family + friends).
    Had the guy been trying to get the girls drunk for "other" reasons, I could see the reason for all the hoopla, but since they were adamantly pursing it themselves, I think some community service is in order(for the girls). From the sounds of it, this guy will probably never give a minor another drink

Big Warlock
    I grew up outside of the US and have lived 28 years out of this country. I never lived someplace where there was a drinking age, except for the US. I have 6 siblings. My parents controlled what we did and who we were with etc. etc. Drinking wasn't encouraged, but always available. Wine with dinner, beer at the beach, etc. etc.
    I went to high school in Europe, again, no age in Italy. Wine with dinner and beer out at night. Came to the US for college and was blown away at what a big deal everyone made about drinking! Cruising and drinking! WOW Where I was from we talked about politics, chased girls and dreamed about lives we hoped we would create.
    Sadly this whole thread is what the US society has become over the years. It's not even the drinking for kids. It's the getting alcohol. And it is used to get people to do other things. Disgusting!
    I don't drink and boat or drive. Not worth it to me. I love a great bottle of wine and a beer with my friends. On the lake, diet pepsi and a cigar. And if kids come over, not a chance on my boat. If they want something they should get it from their parents. If they are asking a stranger, parents have a problem already!!

Magic34
    Some poor taste here.
    2, The folks that brought their 14 year old kids to a “Adult Party”. If you cant trust your kids to be out of site at a party that has drinking going on then they should have never been there.
    This sounds like it was a planned drinking party with the making of the Jello shots. Kids should not have been there.
    I understand that adults want to have a beer or 2 or 3 and I think it would be OK if the kids were in a situation like that, but with a form of shots there, they should have never walked in that door. Parents dont have a clue.
    The parents are making a big deal out of the situation, where were they when the kids were asking for the shots? Not watching their kids then? The parents should have been more responsible to start with and either not atteded the party or found a place for their kids to be rather than bringing them into that environment.
    The guy that gave them the shots was in the wrong, however he isn't raising the kids, the parents are.

Cole Trickle
    boy times have changed. My parents allowed me to have a party at home in 1982. Thay said it was ok if they could be there to over see things... There was a lot of alcohol....No one got hurt, we drank, and everyone still comments about how cool my parents are and what a great time they had at my Toga party... The parents were all cool about it back then.
    Having a party like that now would be a crime. Parents get all bent out of shape.. My parents allowed me to drink under age as long as it was done with them... funny thing is that I never cared to. I did it a few times... But I believe the way they handled the situation helped form the way I am now. I could care less about alcohol... I like it, I have a good time, but I could give a shit if I drink it or not.
    People tody jump the gun and get all butt hurt about.. I'm not saying its right or wrong but I'm amazed that someone would press charges over a frickin jello shot, or some uncle for kicking ass on the guy. These girls are fourteen. They have most likely drank alcohol before and had sex. HELL maybe they have done drugs...They might do it next weekend also. The guy was wrong for doing it. He should have used better judgement... but to press charges? gimme a break...
    Agreed....
    My parents allowed me to have a beer or two around 15-16 while camping or bbqing around the house. They taught me what was right and wrong and it has followed me into my adult life.
    Before I was 18 one of my good friends mothers threw him a 18th bday party with strippers. (Too our group it was no big deal and alot of fun..there was no sex but we did have some beers with his parents-If that would have happend today and the group hadn't been so close I could only imagine the trouble)
    I celebrated my 18th B-Day in Cabo with my family and had some cocktails.
    We rented a limo for my 21st bday and I was probably the most sober one there.
    Most of the people on this board had Sex and Alcohol before they were 15 and kids today are growing up much faster.
    If you don't teach your own kids what is right/wrong who will? (Locking your kid in a closet until there 21 is not gonna work)
    I would chalk it up to a bad decision...and a learning exp.(Glad to hear the charges were dropped but none of the people involved would ever be invited to my home again)

Old Texan
    There's a time and place to have the kids around and it isn't at an adult party. One of my many pet peeves today is parents bringing the kids along to bars or allowing them to "play" around in the bar area of a restaurant. Parents that allow this are generally just to cheap to get a baby sitter or if it's older kids like these 14 yr. olds, they haven't raised them with enough responsiblity to be left at home alone.
    I'm amazed at the number of parents these days that are being "bossed" by their kids. I'm also amazed at the number of Bar/restaurants that allow children to run wild under the fear of losing business.
    As far as private home parties it's completely acceptable to add a "No kids" attachment to the invite. If parents can't understand your point, you probably don't want them or need them around anyway.
    ($.02 worth of opinion from a cranky old F--K w/ grandkids. )

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast