Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best audio install shop in the IE?

riverbound
    ... the listings (abbreviated articles) for 2005 on Me-mag.com are for the top 25, NOT the Top 50 like I said. Scosche sponsored it, they can confirm it as well.
    Posting pictures on this site takes longer than punching up our website (which it seems you still havn't seen yet). Posters with actual interest will look at the site, and or call us. Have a good day guys.
    I have seen your site.
    Posting pics would be rather simple. Right click the properties, save the URL then come over here and click the little mountain looking box in the top. right click past the URL in the pop up screen and walla....picture will be posted. should take less then a minute or 2.

SS@155
    I have seen your site.
    Posting pics would be rather simple. Right click the properties, save the URL then come over here and click the little mountain looking box in the top. right click past the URL in the pop up screen and walla....picture will be posted. should take less then a minute or 2.
    ...duly noted, call me new.

Coach
    I had my system done by WFS this last December and I am very happy. You can see the work here
    http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/i...ge=out&id=2264

riverbound
    I had my system done by WFS this last December and I am very happy. You can see the work here
    http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/i...ge=out&id=2264
    Looks loud!! What is that in the middle on the tower mounted speakers, its kind of hard to make out on my computer?
    Completely off topic question for you......what is the benefit of that particular hull design? We have 3 tourney boats and I have wondered what the difference that hull design makes.

thmper321
    Mike Vu Hasn't worked for Al & Ed's for quite some time. He actuallyy worked for Alpine then started his own shop in Westminster. The othe Al & Eds shop that were listed were not in the inland Empire. I agree that the Al&Eds in Thousand Oaks is a good shop. I also would have to support the claim that The Audio Shoppe is also a top shop in the inland empire as well as Wired for Sound. I'm in the Audio industry and sell car audio to all shops south of the 210 and can say for a fact that these three shops would be the best to take a boat to for a sound system. One would sell you Arc or Memphis, one would sell you Kicker and the other would more than likely Alpine. All brands are perfectly good brands for a boat system. I don't think any one shop actually dominates the lake and yes it is a bold statement but if you work for any of these shops then you would be more than willing to boast about them. Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe knows what he is doing and is one of the best installers in Southern California. I know many good installers in Southern California and he would be in my top 10. Chris Yato, Mike Vu and Steve Brown would be at the top of my list. Maybe I'm biased from my days at Alpine.

Coach
    Looks loud!! What is that in the middle on the tower mounted speakers, its kind of hard to make out on my computer?
    Completely off topic question for you......what is the benefit of that particular hull design? We have 3 tourney boats and I have wondered what the difference that hull design makes.
    It is loud, very loud. The middle of the Wetsounds 485 is a HCLD Tweeter. All three of the tower speakers are HCLD just the 485 does a better job of seperating and "throwing" the music a distance over the Pro 80's on the outside which have more spill over into the boat. At 80 feet you can clearly hear your tunes while riding.
    As for the Hull design it is a V bottom. It is a Tige 22Ve hull that has been motified above the wetting surface (think of it as a body kit) The pickle fork front just opens up the bow area and gives you more room inside the boat. The bow is very functional in this boat and I can fit 2 adults up there with out them complaining how cramped it is. No affect on the wake.

riverbound
    Mike Vu got the offer with Alpine after receiving the Top installer recognition (look at the date of the article ) The "Other" Al&Eds listed is actually the location of the corp. office (you should know that since you are a rep ) Due to being a corporation they would use the location of the corp office instead (considering it was recognition for a chain).....but if you were really to look into it the corp office is not a shop it is a warehouse/distribution center for the chain.
    I agree with some of your claims, but you are telling me that the opinion of 1 person in the industry means more than the entire industry collectively??? If you look at the list, it puts the best installers (per the voice of the collective indsutry) right there in black and white. Now guys slike Steve Brown, chris yato, Mike vu, Dave Rivera, and many more are in a leaugue of their own and due to that a normal everday Joe Schmoe can not walk off the street and have work done by these guys.
    Mike Vu Hasn't worked for Al & Ed's for quite some time. He actuallyy worked for Alpine then started his own shop in Westminster. The othe Al & Eds shop that were listed were not in the inland Empire. I agree that the Al&Eds in Thousand Oaks is a good shop. I also would have to support the claim that The Audio Shoppe is also a top shop in the inland empire as well as Wired for Sound. I'm in the Audio industry and sell car audio to all shops south of the 210 and can say for a fact that these three shops would be the best to take a boat to for a sound system. One would sell you Arc or Memphis, one would sell you Kicker and the other would more than likely Alpine. All brands are perfectly good brands for a boat system. I don't think any one shop actually dominates the lake and yes it is a bold statement but if you work for any of these shops then you would be more than willing to boast about them. Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe knows what he is doing and is one of the best installers in Southern California. I know many good installers in Southern California and he would be in my top 10. Chris Yato, Mike Vu and Steve Brown would be at the top of my list. Maybe I'm biased from my days at Alpine.

thmper321
    Mike Vu got the offer with Alpine after receiving the Top installer recognition (look at the date of the article ) The "Other" Al&Eds listed is actually the location of the corp. office (you should know that since you are a rep ) Due to being a corporation they would use the location of the corp office instead (considering it was recognition for a chain).....but if you were really to look into it the corp office is not a shop it is a warehouse/distribution center for the chain.
    I agree with some of your claims, but you are telling me that the opinion of 1 person in the industry means more than the entire industry collectively??? If you look at the list, it puts the best installers (per the voice of the collective indsutry) right there in black and white. Now guys slike Steve Brown, chris yato, Mike vu, Dave Rivera, and many more are in a leaugue of their own and due to that a normal everday Joe Schmoe can not walk off the street and have work done by these guys.
    Yes, I am one person in the industry but I do talk with other reps and we do talk about the shops that we sell to. I don't want to get into a debate on the best shop in Southern California or the inland empire for that reason, because as it seems this could go on forever. Thats why I mentioned what I feel are the best "shops" in the ie for any work to be done. I did know that they were talking about Al&Eds corporate, I know Mike Vu personally and know that he was their corporate installer before working at Alpine.
    If I were to recommend an installer out of all these shops to work with Steve Brown, whom I'm leaving to the river with today, or Chris Yato I would recommend Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe. I have worked along side these guys on demo cars and know what they look for. Ronnie is not just a normal everyday Joe Schmoe.
    So Again The Audio Shoppe, Wired For Sound and Al&Eds. I would go to them and see what they have to offer. Listen to what their plans would be for my boat and then make an educated discision as to where I would take it. I wouldn't rely on the negative opinions and rule any of these shops out.

thmper321
    Yes, I am one person in the industry but I do talk with other reps and we do talk about the shops that we sell to. I don't want to get into a debate on the best shop in Southern California or the inland empire for that reason, because as it seems this could go on forever. Thats why I mentioned what I feel are the best "shops" in the ie for any work to be done. I did know that they were talking about Al&Eds corporate, I know Mike Vu personally and know that he was their corporate installer before working at Alpine.
    If I were to recommend an installer out of all these shops to work with Steve Brown, whom I'm leaving to the river with today, or Chris Yato I would recommend Ronnie at The Audio Shoppe. I have worked along side these guys on demo cars and know what they look for. Ronnie is not just a normal everyday Joe Schmoe.
    So Again The Audio Shoppe, Wired For Sound and Al&Eds. I would go to them and see what they have to offer. Listen to what their plans would be for my boat and then make an educated discision as to where I would take it. I wouldn't relay on the negative opinions and rule any of these shops out.

mbrown2
    So Again The Audio Shoppe, Wired For Sound and Al&Eds. I would go to them and see what they have to offer. Listen to what their plans would be for my boat and then make an educated discision as to where I would take it. I wouldn't rely on the negative opinions and rule any of these shops out.
    Good post....good unbiased advise.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345