Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorhomes

LGCDEVIL
    I'm looking to buy a used Class A. There's a couple that I have my eye on (2000 -2003). What's the best way to determine fair market value on a used RV? I've checked out values on NADA and the values seem to be about 20-30% lower than the average asking price.

bohica
    I'm looking to buy a used Class A. There's a couple that I have my eye on (2000 -2003). What's the best way to determine fair market value on a used RV? I've checked out values on NADA and the values seem to be about 20-30% lower than the average asking price.
    Are you looking at private party or thru a dealer? I know with new prices, the price you can get them for is usually 25-30% off of sticker price. If your looking at a used vehicle thru a dealer, they just might have the same mark up.

LGCDEVIL
    No, private party so far.

Hustler
    What about checking the rvtrader agianst comparable models? Also maybe check with some that have sold to see what they really got for them compaired to the asking price.

H2oracer
    I would keep an eye on craigs list.org. Dealers will generally have them marked high. Used NADA when looking for mine and it was helpful in determining a base line value for comparison. What I found was a 2000 36ft holiday rambler diesel pusher with only 26,000 mi on it. The seller was asking 50k, NADA said it was worth 60k and I got it for 45k. You won't find prices like this at a dealer but if you keep your eye out you may find one from a private party. Good luck with your search.

OGShocker
    What about checking the rvtrader agianst comparable models? Also maybe check with some that have sold to see what they really got for them compaired to the asking price.
    Ditto, but with better spelling..

catman-do
    My dad has his Gulfstream for sale. Its a diesel (cummins), 32ft, 1999 or 2000, great condition. Only down side is there arent any slides. I believe its about 18k on the odometer. I believe he is asking a little under 50k for it. PM me if you want his contact info.

scarabrick2
    What are you looking for?
    My sister has a diesel pusher, slide out, loaded (I think all are) low miles P/M if you want the info plus I'll get some info and try and post it tuesday.
    BTW.. Bus is located in Washington state. No problem bringing it down for a sale...
    Rick

LGCDEVIL
    Looking for a 30'er. Still want to be able to tow the boat without some fancy license. Slides would be nice, but not mandatory. Was looking to spend $25-35K for something with under 20K miles.

catman-do
    Looking for a 30'er. Still want to be able to tow the boat without some fancy license. Slides would be nice, but not mandatory. Was looking to spend $25-35K for something with under 20K miles.
    You wont get a diesel pusher that cheap. If your looking to pull a boat, make sure the gas coach can handle the towing. Most cant, and if they are able to its so close to being over the limit that they have a good chance of overheating in the summer sun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast