Thread: bad labor day weekend

infotraker
    So far we have had a very interesting and wild weekend. We live in the country, wild fire area. Sat noon a very large fire started out of El Dorado Hills CA, about 1 mile from our 4 acre home. As the fire was growing I noticed smoke coming out a a shed next to our house (helicoptors overhead going to the wild fire), it turns out a oily rag had caught fire from my deck staining. Fire dept. came and put out shed fire. We then at 4 AM sunday morn. packed valuables and got both boats hooked up and ready to leave fast. Sunday noon we moved Vette, motorhome and 1 boat to town. Now very tired, fire is mostly out and now we need to go get everything and unpack ! Hope you are having a better time boating !

Kindsvater Flat
    Sorry to hear that. I just got back from a trailer fire. Total loss. Also lost 2 pick ups. The crew that helped us have been down near Yuba City on another fire.

Stab-n-Steer
    Info,
    I was thinking about you last night when I saw the fire on the news. I remembered that you are from there... Very glad you and your family are safe. As you know, it could have been much worse. As the one year anniversary of 9/11 approaches we all have much to be thankful for...
    S&S

Riptide01
    Thats got to be a very unnerving feeling.
    Glad everything is ok and nothing lost.
    (Except lots of sleep).
    Hope the rest of your weekend gets better.
    Jeff

superdave013
    WOW, Ionftaker, That sounds pretty scary. Glad it did work out for you.
    You know, I never thought that those rags would go up like that. I thought that right up untill it happened to me. I guess I got lucky as the only thing that burnt was one of those big trash cans that the city gives us.

Superdave, come buy and see us at the race next weekend.

WILDERTHANU54
    TONY, I'LL SEE YA THERE, HUNG OUT WITH BILL DIEZ AT SUNDANCE, TOTALLY COOL DUDE!!! HE SHARED SOME COOL STORIES.
    GEOFF