Thread: What could of caused this???

brianwhiteboy
    I haven't hit any rocks or sandbars.....that I remember. There aren't any major scratches or gouges on the bottom of hull. Do you think it just had a weak spot and maybe a large piece of wood broke it?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/DSC01927.jpg

Turboelimtim
    My guess would be something on the freeway?But I think you would have heard it!

YeLLowBoaT
    My guess would be something on the freeway?But I think you would have heard it!
    i doubt it... Atleast 25 feet way from the cab... with the windows up and radio and/or AC on, it would have to be very loud.
    now a speed bump or a crub could do something like that.

IMPATIENT 1
    i'm taking my tx-19 to a marine repair shop(i can do intakes but my mine's set perfect and a alum welder will make quik work of it) next week because the previous owner came in to fast and broke a fin off hitting the trailer.check your trailer for new scratches

Classic Daycruiser
    There seems to be a few deep scratches on the hull, indicating beaching. I've seen submerged rocks tear up stuff. By the shape of the break, I'd think trailer or a submerged rock while parked on the beach.

brianwhiteboy
    i never drive the boat on to the trailer...i always walk the boat on it. And as far as beaching it, I shut the boat off well in advance...just enough so can I jump out and pull it up onto shore.

i'm taking my tx-19 to a marine repair shop(i can do intakes but my mine's set perfect and a alum welder will make quik work of it) next week because the previous owner came in to fast and broke a fin off hitting the trailer.check your trailer for new scratches
    Be carefull on the heat, it weakens the epoxy.

IMPATIENT 1
    Be carefull on the heat, it weakens the epoxy.
    gotcha! i used some of my pc coating reflective tape to make a barrier around the area that's gonna get welded, plus the pump's coming out this weekend and should allow heat to escape instead of trapping heat at the area being repaired. my neighbor is a alum welder and he said the heat is so low that everything should be fine and he thought the reflective heat tape would be plenty of barrier, we'll see, wish me luck