Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

SmokinLowriderSS
    Steel, I bet you make your mother and father very proud. They raised a ignorent, racist, radical Good job mom and dad.
    Oh, and you need to re-read the instructions that came with your Rev. Jesse Jackson Race Card. Very poor usage.
    Looks like you have some comonality with him and his budies Al and Lou too. :idea:

jimslade
    Sorry there is no way to accurately measure CO2 levels beyond polar ice cap data(not millions of years) maybe a couple thousand at best. Why do people believe a theory and then do everything to prove it? If the earth was 10 million years old we would have 2 miles thick of meteorite dust. Also the seas would be a block of salt given the rate a sallination. I challenge people to look at information with an open mind and try and to understand the data. Theories are usually based on limited data and not on compilations of such. The simple fact is that we need to break away from relying on foreign energy sources, so we don't have to sacrifice our children to live stable lives.

Schiada76
    Typical...don't address the message, attack the messenger. That's right about your intelectual limit, isn't it?
    Trust me, old man, you're nothing to be jealous of. Like I've said before, you're an embarassment to your generation. (and probably your family)
    Why are you quoting Schiada76, and addressing me?
    BTW...my mother is passed away, and my father dosen't judge me, he just loves me.
    He is so out of touch he actually is responding to my response to Blown and attributing it to you.
    I don't think he can read.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Wrong, yet again.
    There IS historical CO2/temperature history, that the LEFT IS USING to push this agenda. It is the way thay LIE ABOUT IT that is a problem.
    They CLAIM it shows CO2 emmissions PRECEEDING temperature increase w3hile the reality of it is that they have shifted the charting TO REMOVE THE FACT THAT THE INCREASE FOLLOWS TEMPERATURE INCREASE BY ROUGHLY 200 YEARS.
    The earth warms, water requires a HUGE ammount of energy input to increase it's temperature (high-school physics), and THEN the warmed ocean water outgasses some of it's CO2. It is HISTORY.
    Here's 542 MILLION YEARS of history, with CO2 levels in excess of 10 TIMES current levels. Current time is ON THE LEFT.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ide.png/300px-
    Short on refuting "evidence" eh?
    Oh spare me your arrogant condecention from upon high. Prove me wrong and drop me down a peg or 30.
    No, My opinion IS BASED IN FACT, unlike yours, which is based on feel-good.
    According to you, the conclusion was final a few years ago, wasn't it.
    More arrogance, wonderful at display, like a strutting peacock or one of my cockerels. Steel's right, you have a lot in comon with Al and Breck Girl Edwards. I have just stayed with smacking you with facts and not playing personal like YOU and SCHIADA.
    Your words in response to my comment:
    "it's a matter of opinion"
    "For the moment, yes, and in less than 2 decades, it will be a matter of scientific fact I believe"
    Your current position is quite a radical change in what you believed 5 days ago. Flip flop flip flop doesn't become you, Smokin.
    There is nothing feel good about mankind fu*king up the atmosphere, which is fact, pure and simple. A while back I realized that I was burning way to much fuel and decided to begin changing this. I have made some changes and intend to to make more. My truck is next, as it burns way too much fuel towing my 15k pound, ugly POS boat.
    Argue until your blue in the face which is all you seem to know how to do, when you view an issue as being related to the left. Again argue until your blue in the face, please.
    Sorry for the misquote between Steel and 76. You both are just so pleasent I lost track of which a**hole I was talking to. What I stated applies equally to both of you. Steel posted his opinion about Katrina a while back. Very similar BS.
    It's obvious that right and wrong are not a consideration when discussing matters in this forum. All that matters, to most of you here, is left and right and inflating egos. Standing on positions, purely based on political left or right is what's wrong with country. US dependence on foriegn oil is negatively affecting our freedom and independence. The US is wasting $125 million dollars a day on a war that that we have no business, (other than oil) being in. The Govt has mnadated outragous profits for drug companies, the natioanl debt is increasing at an historic rate, SSI is going broke, it is estimated that gas prices will reach $4.00 a gallon by mid summer, with the benifit of these reciord prices going directly into the pockects of already profit bloated oil companies, and most of you fools want to address these issues based on a Rush right wing agenda. Sorry and aint gonna work. To fix what is so very wrong woith this country is going to take the best minds from all political sides working together. IMO, the type of bullsh** that goes on in this forum, is what wrong with this country. Proving eachother isn't that answer. Accepting whats right, from both sides of the table, and placing the focus there is our only hope. Talking shit, based on party lines seems to be what's important to you. I would like to see some changes made and I don't many here
    feel that way, unless it related to Christian morallity and more military action. Abortion is wrong but killing under the umbrella of war, is OK. Bullsh*t.
    As Tex would say he recognizes my frustration. Don't you all think it's time that
    we start working together as a nation instead of siding with one of two political parties that are both totally full of shit Sorry for the rant

Old Texan
    Your words in response to my comment:
    "it's a matter of opinion"
    "For the moment, yes, and in less than 2 decades, it will be a matter of scientific fact I believe"
    Your current position is quite a radical change in what you believed 5 days ago. Flip flop flip flop doesn't become you, Smokin.
    There is nothing feel good about mankind fu*king up the atmosphere, which is fact, pure and simple. A while back I realized that I was burning way to much fuel and decided to begin changing this. I have made some changes and intend to to make more. My truck is next, as it burns way too much fuel towing my 15k pound, ugly POS boat.
    Argue until your blue in the face which is all you seem to know how to do, when you view an issue as being related to the left. Again argue until your blue in the face, please.
    Sorry for the misquote between Steel and 76. You both are just so pleasent I lost track of which a**hole I was talking to.
    I modify...therefore, I am what????
    John, you need to slow down before you swell up and burst. Your BP has got to be soaring.
    What is trying to be told is the fact of pollution being a problem which requires plans for it to be be properly dealt with over time. This is being done.
    GW is a theory being thrown about as "pure fact". GW is just a possilbe consequence of pollution. It is viewed as a political issue based on those pushing it as an absolute.
    You arguing GW as a politcal issue just futhers your frustration and makes for your opposition's argument. Whether you will ever admit it or not, you really don't read and comphrehed what others actually say in response to your comments.
    GW may or may not exist. It may or may not be caused by pollution. However there are those that view GW as real and are quite specific to it's origin. These people are wrong without solid proof. They need to better expalin their points and realize there are real things being done to restrict pollution, whatever it's effects, and quit pointing the finger of blame and making this GW thing political.
    There are 2 issues here and actually 3 when you throw in the politics.

Schiada76
    "Sorry for the misquote between Steel and 76. You both are just so pleasent I lost track of which a**hole I was talking to."
    HEY!!!! You forgot the other a**hole whose post I was responding to! You need to quote him first.

Schiada76
    "Sorry for the misquote between Steel and 76. You both are just so pleasent I lost track of which a**hole I was talking to."
    HEY!!!! You forgot the other a**hole whose post I was responding to! You need to quote him first.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Previous post was editied.
    Tex, you were right about my BP.
    I have really had enough dealing with those who act as if they dont give a damn about anything exept following party lines. I don't even like the term GW. However I do believe that mankind is have a negative affect on the atmosphere and the enviorment. For this I have to listen to rash of BS.
    I care, and for that I'm an idiot. To me there is something wromg with this picture.

Schiada76
    I have really had enough dealing with those who act as if they dont give a damn about anything exept following party lines. I don't even like the term GW. However I do believe that mankind is have a negative affect on the atmosphere and the enviorment. For this I have to listen to rash of BS.
    I care, and for that I'm an idiot. To me there is something wromg with this picture.
    Stop lying! You're the one following the party line.
    You've had a chitload of stats and history showing that the current gw hysteria is just that yet you continue to worship at the temple of the Algore.
    You even call facts BS. You're a left wing ideologe and can't see past the end of your nose.
    I've asked you before to start a pollution thread if that's what you want to talk about but you can't even seem to be able to tell the difference between GW and pollution. Can you?

Old Texan
    Once again no one is questiong the matter of pollution. And there is a lot being done if we study the differences between now and 30 years ago as far as measurable pollution in our environment. From what I can see everyone contributing to this thread agrees there is pollution and it needs to be addressed. What you seem to be frustrating many with is the point nothing is being done to better pollution control when that's not the case.
    As far as the political issues and the divide down party lines, it is quite apparent that one side is taking the stance that nothing is being done and man is deliberately polluting. I think these 2 points are fallacy. I work in the industrial sector and I see everyday the strides in technology to eliminate pollution.
    Why isn't the positive being reported by the media? Why does the media make big stories out of "old" closed down pollution sites being monitored and cleaned up rather than telling the story of modern sites using controls to operate cleanly thus dwelling on the bad things of the past that are not being practiced today? Why when the media talks about power plants do they show condenser units emitting giant clouds of wate vapor on a cool day letting an ignorant general public believe these are huge clouds of pollutants? Why does the media picture a mother and cub polar bear louging on a broken up iceflow insinuating it's a melting glacier? These are things and misrepresentations that bring political divide and give a false representation of the positive.
    John don't take this the wrong way but your 2 questions and their purpose support what pisses off a lot of intelligent people, the resortation to trickery by means of insinuating a problem exists to motivate people to care and fix the problem rather than being honest and educating the public to live cleaner to fix the problem. Trusting people to be sincere and understanding that we need to better police our environment is the answer not the BS Al Gore and "Twinky" Moore spew in their 3rd rate movies. Division and resentment spawn from arrogance and falsehoods.
    I'm far more impressed with an individual that rids his yard and garden of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides than I am with someone driving a Prius or trading carbon offsets. This person does far more to improve the environment than the showy media hog in a high dollar alternative vehicle or farfetched scam that has minimal effect overthe long haul.
    Read what people say and understand their intent without focusing on the namecalling and posturing. Until you can do that you just aren't understanding the real message that 99% of the contibution to this very thread favors a clean environment and personal care for the future. It's there if you will look.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast