Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Schiada76
    It's not common sense to blindly follow unproven theories into economic and social oblivion.
    And you support gdumbya???
    There you go as soon as you get back you're off on a BDS rant.
    Did he cause global warming? That turd keith olberman actually said he caused the V Tech massacre.

ULTRA26 # 1
    It's common sense to not pollute. It's not common sense to blindly follow unproven theories into economic and social oblivion.
    Your unwavering faith of what "must" be and stubborness to be influenced otherwise or even consider GW theory may be tainted, are amazing. You stereotype anyone not in agreement with your personal beliefs with all the monikers typically thrown about by the liberal left and then complain about the division between parties and the populace.
    Your frustration with Smokin' is almost comical from the standpoint of how you discount all of what he throws at you as wrong, yet turn back around and refuse to offer any valid evidence other than personal opinion why he is wrong. And the personal opinion is based almost completely on "because THEY said so". Blind faith is very dangerous.
    Please don't assume those disagreeing with your opinions don't care about the environment and don't assume those that disagree with you are blindly following any leader or philosophy. Those of opposing view just often times question the amazing amount of "social consciousness", "flavor of the day" issues that come to dominate our every waking moment. If you aren't careful they often cover up the real issues.
    Tex,
    Smokin is well aware of scientific evendence that contrdicts much of the evidence he represents in this regard. Smokinevidencecontradicts has stated that we arer 20 years from knowing the truth. "it's a mtter of opinion For the moment, yes, and in less than 2 decades, it will be a matter of scientific fact I believe." He can post all of the eveidence that he liikes, and as I said, he and I are both aware that are that I can post evidence to the contary. A pissing contest which I have no time or desire to engage in
    You can view my thoughts or posts as comical if you would like. It should be clear that my intent is to advocate the reductioin of the production of exhaust. I'm surely not alone in my belief that exhaust is harmfull to te envirement. The global warming movement advocates positive enviomental changes. Eliminating or reducing our dependence on forien oil. Further development of renewable enegy sources and many other postive changes. I haven't heard of any other movement from the right that addresses these issues. The vast majority of those in this forum do everything to discount and disprove any view that any left or lib involvement. Enviomentalists are referred to as lib tree huggers. This surely doesn't suggest enviormental concern, now does it.
    You all have no problem suggesting that I'm a idiot, lying lib fool, or as you put is, comical in my response to Smokin.
    I asked the following questions and for some reason find nothing comical about them.
    If the American people treat this issue as if it doesn't exist, little more will be done to reduce the production of emissions. If this belief proven to be invalid, further damage will have been done?
    If the American people treat this issue as if it does exist, substantially more will be done to reduce the production of emissions. If this belief proven to be invalid, what damage will have been done?
    BTW opinions on GW are very partisin. If the right is so conerned about the enviorment, as you have so indicated, please explain to all of us blind followers, what's they're doing to improve things.

Old Texan
    Tex,
    Smokin is well aware of scientific evendence that contrdicts much of the evidence he represents in this regard. Smokinevidencecontradicts has stated that we arer 20 years from knowing the truth. "it's a mtter of opinion For the moment, yes, and in less than 2 decades, it will be a matter of scientific fact I believe." He can post all of the eveidence that he liikes, and as I said, he and I are both aware that are that I can post evidence to the contary. A pissing contest which I have no time or desire to engage in
    You can view my thoughts or posts as comical if you would like. It should be clear that my intent is to advocate the reductioin of the production of exhaust. I'm surely not alone in my belief that exhaust is harmfull to te envirement. The global warming movement advocates positive enviomental changes. Eliminating or reducing our dependence on forien oil. Further development of renewable enegy sources and many other postive changes. I haven't heard of any other movement from the right that addresses these issues. The vast majority of those in this forum do everything to discount and disprove any view that any left or lib involvement. Enviomentalists are referred to as lib tree huggers. This surely doesn't suggest enviormental concern, now does it.
    You all have no problem suggesting that I'm a idiot, lying lib fool, or as you put is, comical in my response to Smokin.
    I asked the following questions and for some reason find nothing comical about them.
    If the American people treat this issue as if it doesn't exist, little more will be done to reduce the production of emissions. If this belief proven to be invalid, further damage will have been done?
    If the American people treat this issue as if it does exist, substantially more will be done to reduce the production of emissions. If this belief proven to be invalid, what damage will have been done?
    BTW opinions on GW are very partisin. If the right is so conerned about the enviorment, as you have so indicated, please explain to all of us blind followers, what's they're doing to improve things.
    First a prime example of my view of and interpretation of comical: You "assumed" I viewed you as an idiot and a lying fool. I did no such thing nor would I. The comical is how your frustration level spills over into your communications. I just envision you throwing up your hands when Smokin' floods you with retorts. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at your somewhat typical reaction. I laugh at myself all the time, it's human nature. So don't take offense as none was given.
    As far as "what has the Right done to protect the environment and reduce emissions", you really need to think this one out. Here I'll make an assumption, which I don't believe true but maybe you do, Right= Industry. That's basically is what you infer. "I" don't view industry as either right or left.
    Industry, technology, science, et al have given us catalyst technologies used in virtually all applications where gases are expelled into the atmosphere. The most common are in your vehicle's exhaust system. SCR technology is being used in coal fired power plants which we stopped discussing the day you claimed your research showed them to be "horrible pollutors". Remember this was your claim that Houston's poor air quality was due to PP's when in fact the study you referenced pertained to automobile urban smog.
    Do a little research on the auto industry and see how they choose sites for new plants. They review industry surveys on air and water qualities and pick sites favorable to the least impact for expansion. That's why they rarely locate directly in major urban areas.
    The list is long of what is being done by industry to fight and limit environmental impact, it just doesn't sell as much advertising as the sensational protrayals of GW, so the general public doesn't catch on to what is really happening. Al Gore and his comedy tour are pathetic in what they know and how they distort reality so why would anyone take GW as serious when it's taken from their script? I wager Gore knows very little about the industry in his homestate of TN where the real environmental heros work. I've been in every corner of TN and I can tell you that TN industry cares and their plants are state of the art.
    "Tree Huggers" are extremists that feel cutbacks and tolerable levels are taboo. They want to eliminate everything even remotely connected to environmental harm. Think about what your life would be like without electricity. Many a "Tree Hugger" would like you to live that way. The key word here is "extremist".
    John I assure you I view you far differently than you assume I do, and that holds true for the majority here. Hell Shiada whom you seem to despise is just jackin' with you and if you'd learn to lighten up, you could see it coming. Trust me the overwhelming majority care just as much about this country and the world's environment, far more than you give credit for and if you'd open your mind up a little you'd realize it.

Schiada76
    I don't agree with Smokin often but the facts presented in this post are right on, no fear mongering or other political crap....just facts.
    Could global warming BS be a ruse by the government to keep the sheeple pre-occupied on something other than what the gov is doing?
    Holy Chit!:sqeyes:
    If Canuck agrees with SLSS tht makes it a consensus.
    This debate is officially over.
    Resume normal programming.
    I'll start:
    I HATE BUSH ! He's an idiot!!!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
    First a prime example of my view of and interpretation of comical: You "assumed" I viewed you as an idiot and a lying fool. I did no such thing nor would I. The comical is how your frustration level spills over into your communications. I just envision you throwing up your hands when Smokin' floods you with retorts. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at your somewhat typical reaction. I laugh at myself all the time, it's human nature. So don't take offense as none was given.
    As far as "what has the Right done to protect the environment and reduce emissions", you really need to think this one out. Here I'll make an assumption, which I don't believe true but maybe you do, Right= Industry. That's basically is what you infer. "I" don't view industry as either right or left.
    Industry, technology, science, et al have given us catalyst technologies used in virtually all applications where gases are expelled into the atmosphere. The most common are in your vehicle's exhaust system. SCR technology is being used in coal fired power plants which we stopped discussing the day you claimed your research showed them to be "horrible pollutors". Remember this was your claim that Houston's poor air quality was due to PP's when in fact the study you referenced pertained to automobile urban smog.
    Do a little research on the auto industry and see how they choose sites for new plants. They review industry surveys on air and water qualities and pick sites favorable to the least impact for expansion. That's why they rarely locate directly in major urban areas.
    The list is long of what is being done by industry to fight and limit environmental impact, it just doesn't sell as much advertising as the sensational protrayals of GW, so the general public doesn't catch on to what is really happening. Al Gore and his comedy tour are pathetic in what they know and how they distort reality so why would anyone take GW as serious when it's taken from their script? I wager Gore knows very little about the industry in his homestate of TN where the real environmental heros work. I've been in every corner of TN and I can tell you that TN industry cares and their plants are state of the art.
    "Tree Huggers" are extremists that feel cutbacks and tolerable levels are taboo. They want to eliminate everything even remotely connected to environmental harm. Think about what your life would be like without electricity. Many a "Tree Hugger" would like you to live that way. The key word here is "extremist".
    John I assure you I view you far differently than you assume I do, and that holds true for the majority here. Hell Shiada whom you seem to despise is just jackin' with you and if you'd learn to lighten up, you could see it coming. Trust me the overwhelming majority care just as much about this country and the world's environment, far more than you give credit for and if you'd open your mind up a little you'd realize it.
    Tex,
    Whether you and I agree about the issues in most cases is a non issue to me. You communicate like an adult no matter what you position. The left lib liar really wasn't directed at you. Schiada76 and a few others do annoy me you are spot on wtih that observation. I truely believe that if Gore was not a Dem, all of you that think he is such a POS would view him differently. I surely don't think that Gore's movement isn't flawed. But I also see his visions has having some reality. I don't like term Global Warming for the matter I am addressing Negative atmospheric changes. is a better description.
    Auto makers, with the support of the White House, are back peddlng on matters of emissions and fuel economy.
    Tex again I ask these questions

CARLSON-JET
    Holy Chit!:sqeyes:
    If Canuck agrees with SLSS tht makes it a consensus.
    This debate is officially over.
    Resume normal programming.
    I'll start:
    I HATE BUSH ! He's an idiot!!!!!!
    Don't be killing my thread. There is alot more to discuss here. One of the intersting parts to this puzzle is at the end of the docu about how the green activists are trying to force the third world countries to not develope themselves as the US and other well developed countries have in the past. What is their solution. impose draconian measures upon them such as wanting to force them to use wind and solar power. These types of energy, although renewable are 4 times the cost of coal and natural gas and about the opposite in reliability.(4 times as unreliable) There's also a pretty big cost in setting up nuclear power that these developing countries have no capitol or the means to aquire it for getting them set up. Since there is no profit involved, there's nobody willing to even begin to spend any capitol to get it into production. We as one of the richest nations in the world have not put any nuke plants into production for over 20 years. Examples like wpps in Washington state show how getting one of these plants on-line is a monumental task that could fail and most 3rd world countries can not take that risk.
    Old texan wrote. It's common sense to not pollute. It's not common sense to blindly follow unproven theories into economic and social oblivion.
    I couldn't agree with this more.
    When science becomes political, the dynamic changes.
    Another strong argument about whether this trend is politically motivated is at the begining where they discuss the global cooling scare in the seventies. It's talks about who set up the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Margaret Thatcher. She empowered the U.K. Meteorological Office to begin global climate change research, a move that eventually led to the 1988 creation of the IPCC. That United Nations group has come to be the “official” international agency for global warming alarmism. This in itself could be a thread, but it relates to this discussion. Alot of information about the IPCC is readily available.
    Because the general accepted movement to clean up the earth has become so mainstream, the inviro nuts have gone to more extreme tactics to make themselves stand out to show they are the world leaders in pro earth/ green movements. I find they are well entrenched in this fiasco.

Schiada76
    Oh for fuks sake!!!!
    You really are an idiot John. The Algore is a two bit lying stealing politician that YOU love just because he's a liberal. Thats it and you know it.
    The difference between you leftists and we normal thinking people is that we want all crooked politicians thrown out of office. You on the other hand will blindly follow anyone who spews the dogma you find palatable.
    I'll say it again ANYONE that belives the bullshit the Algore is spewing is an imbecile beyond accepting anything factual no matter how it is presented to them.
    Now go sit in the corner and listen to your heart and your feelings and your oh my I just believe it so it's true fantasy or find some facts to back up your dogmatic, blind, fanatic belief in a known liar and crook. Not a made up one either there is plenty of fact to show what algore really is and none of it was forged by Dan Rather.
    What a simpleton.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Oh for fuks sake!!!!
    You really are an idiot John. The Algore is a two bit lying stealing politician that YOU love just because he's a liberal. Thats it and you know it.
    The difference between you leftists and we normal thinking people is that we want all crooked politicians thrown out of office. You on the other hand will blindly follow anyone who spews the dogma you find palatable.
    I'll say it again ANYONE that belives the bullshit the Algore is spewing is an imbecile beyond accepting anything factual no matter how it is presented to them.
    Now go sit in the corner and listen to your heart and your feelings and your oh my I just believe it so it's true fantasy or find some facts to back up your dogmatic, blind, fanatic belief in a known liar and crook. Not a made up one either there is plenty of fact to show what algore really is and none of it was forged by Dan Rather.
    What a simpleton.
    Your the man.
    "The difference between you leftists and we normal thinking people is that we want all crooked politicians thrown out of office". And you normal thinking people support Pres Shitforbrains You calling me a simpleton, is pretty funny.
    "You really are an idiot John". I guess so, if you say so
    YOU love just because he's a liberal. Thats it and you know it .
    Again, I guess so if you say so
    You are an embarassment to Conseratives. Oh I forgot, you are one of those normal thinking people.
    I'm done

Old Texan
    Reminds of Rush Limbaugh's statement when we were preparing to invade Iraq. Something like this as I recall- "If there are weapons of mass destruction our invasion stopped disaster and we did good. If there aren't weapons of mass destruction, then we ridded the country of a ruthless dictator. A win win situation."
    Nice to know you and Rush theorize along the same lines, eh...
    Anyway I agree with your motive, I just feel the country has far more people aware of the environment than many realize or will admit too. We don't need a hyped up theory to push everyone to change. They are fully capable of making their own personal decisions.
    As for Al Gore, it makes no matter what party he subscribes to. The man is a huckster and a babbling fool. He is trying to use the whole GW issue for personal and financial gain, plain and simple. I don't believe there are many within the Democratic party that care for him. I know the Clinton's despise the soil he crawls on. Al is the hoped for legacy of a once proud family, but sadly he has failed to live up to the linage. TN was through with him and now the DC crowd has pushed him out. He's relagated himself to a traveling medicine man show and one day, soon hopefully, he and his wagon full hogwash will disappear over a cliff.

Schiada76
    Thanks for further proof there Johnny boy!
    President shit for brains? Then why can't you and your ilk come up with one lie or one crime that you all keep crying about? The closest you leftists have come are the forged Dan Blather docs.
    Just because you don't agree with him doesn't make him dumb or a criminal. In this world anyway, but I'm sure I don't smoke the same chit you seem to be.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast