Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some pictures from Nostalgia Races and show at Banks Lake

72 superlite
    http://community.webshots.com/user/superlite72 Posted some of my pictures from the Nostalgia Circle Races and boat show. a GREAT WEEKEND thanks Circle Jerk for putting it on.

boatguy222
    Hey Rick,
    Nice pictures (although I did see any of my boat) Are you coming to Scooteney Res next weekend? we are racing again.

CircleJerk
    SuperLiteeeeee!!!! Great pictures! I appreciate your saving these shots for all to see. We havent been able to scan ours or buy a digital. A sad news tidbit: the sanger pickel fork with a blown 427 and shotgun injectors made its last show at this event. The owner who had just saved this piece from a cold 25 year storage session was killed by a drunk driver in front of his own house just last week. I dont know the fate of the boat but the former owner will be terribly missed here in Spokane, Wn. He also had some bad luck at the race. On an early morning shake down cruise he ran it out of alcohol and broke the fresh engine! Thanks again for your support and the great shots!!!!!!!Jerkster Ps: hope to meet you this week-end at Scootney!

blondebombshell
    Superlite! Loved you pictures. It was great fun to see that someone had been and took the time to download these Nostalgic boats for everyone else to enjoy. Scootney Reservoir is going to be great. We are expecting at least 12 boats, maybe more, we will see. Hope to see you there!
    RAS

CircleJerk
    72 superlite:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/superlite72 Posted some of my pictures from the Nostalgia Circle Races and boat show. a GREAT WEEKEND thanks Circle Jerk for putting it on.Superlite: Where have you been??? How about being our photographer at Moses Lake?? I'll put my passenger seat in! Is you camera waterproof? Everyone here would like to see your great pictures dont you think?? Dont'be shy now and expect to see more Sangers circle racing than anyone would believe! It's FREE too. FREE admission and FREE potluck dinner on Saturday! Bring your pictures and some GOOD lies. eek! JERK

CircleJerk
    JeRks new boat is the #1 and #4 pictures of Banks Lake 2002. It's a 1974 AquaCraft Gull {Beisemeyer} style with lapstrakes. Does anyone out there have set up experience with these Volk-Rusty race boats? Harlan Orrin made the mold and told me a little bit about the fierce competition coming from Skip at AquaCraft directed at the hot circle boats of the day. I have heard this hull is quite rare and I am glad to get it back, it rides like a tunnel boat! It has a balsa parkay floor, narrow stringers and 36 gallons of fuel capacity. Only two gauges: Tach and oil pressure! I will be replacing the small block with my big block and replacing the cav plate and stuffing box with new ones. Should I place the engine at 30 inches forward {v-drive is at 95"}? Thanks to all those who helped get the spinning bald guy a piece to thrash on! AqUaJeRk smile_sp

FlatRacer
    CJerk:
    Is the white boat in the Banks Lake Webshots that Continental/Mandella we were talking about, you know, the one from your video?
    FR

CircleJerk
    Yes, that's the Continental that sold at that race. What's happening up Northeast? AAre you coming to the next one??? Stacking trailer would do nicely. Bring Sked with you for laughs. He needs a break! AquAJeRk smile_sp

CircleJerk
    Howdy! Here are the pics from last years 'Boat Racer Reunion Regatta'! and yes, this is the same weekend as Camp Far West V-drive Bash! Oh well, maybe next year. This year will be the same format with golf, a color armada {presentation of Old Glory} with v-drives, boat show, dance, potluck dinner, hot rod cruise, VIPs galore, poker run {no host for cash}, pub crawl, and a wild circle RACE! Does CFW have all of this? Just one JeRks opinion!! smile_sp

videoking211
    Hey Thats a really cool slide show smile_sp Your nostalgia races look like a lot of fun without a lot of politics how does someone get into this. Do you guys let anyone come and race. is there any engine spec. requirements or can you run anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast