Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper Single Port Exhaust ???

Dana Marine Products
    I took the picture myself as I was still trembling on the dock from taking a 124 MPH 3 mile ride in that boat. Incredible piece of equipment. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2484elimin.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...484elimin3.jpg

cola
    No thread? I thought I read info in a thread on this. If I remember correctly, they said it sounded like an Indy car.
    I ran across a v10 ford in a small boat on Mead a couple years ago. He built a 10 to 1 stinger style header. It sounder like a Indy car. He also removed all EFI and used 2 belt driven Audi 5 cyl. distributors, and a hand made intake & carb. Very nice fab work. I think he said he was from Kingman.
    Mike

XFactor
    I took the picture myself as I was still trembling on the dock from taking a 124 MPH 3 mile ride in that boat. Incredible piece of equipment. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2484elimin.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...484elimin3.jpg
    How'd it sound? Have you heard standard exhaust on the Vipers? Did it sound much differant?

Dana Marine Products
    It sounded like nothing else. I've been in Viper cars with hopped up exhaust, but still two individual ports. With the two into one theory, it changes the tone quite a bit. When you fire one of those bad boys up, everyone is turning around. It's hard to explain, but the best way I could explain it is, a normal big block when idling sounds lazy, and the Viper engine with the single exhaust port sounds like it's ready to go right now. Much snappier sound. (Is snappier a word?)

ChumpChange
    Here's one, I don't know if this is the same one you're thinking about, but here you go...http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...484elimin2.jpg
    Can one use that tunnel tab as a step to get into the boat? If not, how would you get out of the water? Maybe this is just a go fast boat that is not for swimming around.

Dana Marine Products
    The tab is extremely strong and can be used to walk on, that's why we incorporated our billet step inset with rubber. Don't want to be slipping in that area, with props out there and all.

Ivan Dan
    I remember viewing a thread that had a picture/pictures of a single port exhaust on Viper 625 motors. Can anyone help me locate the thread?
    Thanks
    Whats up Glenn? So did you sell your boat? My buddy called me the other day saying he saw it on the street in Chino Hills and it still had the for sale stickers on it.
    You building a new boat with Ilmores?

XFactor
    Whats up Glenn? So did you sell your boat? My buddy called me the other day saying he saw it on the street in Chino Hills and it still had the for sale stickers on it.
    You building a new boat with Ilmores?
    The boat was in front of a friends house. It's still for sale. I have 2 buyers interested. One very serious and the other offering more but won't commit with the cash. He's got 24 hours and I call the serious buyer.
    I'm meeting with Dave on Friday to talk about the new 30ft deck boat with Vipers. My wife loves the drawings/artist renderings in DCB's latest ads. How great is that to have a wife that's pushing you into a new boat build. Does life get any better

Ivan Dan
    The boat was in front of a friends house. It's still for sale. I have 2 buyers interested. One very serious and the other offering more but won't commit with the cash. He's got 24 hours and I call the serious buyer.
    I'm meeting with Dave on Friday to talk about the new 30ft deck boat with Vipers. My wife loves the drawings/artist renderings in DCB's latest ads. How great is that to have a wife that's pushing you into a new boat build. Does life get any better
    Thats awesome man.....SOOOO jealous I love the way that drawing looks too. Business must be going well huh?!?! Good luck with the sale of the 26.

XFactor
    It sounded like nothing else. I've been in Viper cars with hopped up exhaust, but still two individual ports. With the two into one theory, it changes the tone quite a bit. When you fire one of those bad boys up, everyone is turning around. It's hard to explain, but the best way I could explain it is, a normal big block when idling sounds lazy, and the Viper engine with the single exhaust port sounds like it's ready to go right now. Much snappier sound. (Is snappier a word?)
    Do you know who I could talk to about the performace differance, single vs. dual?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast