Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Start At Desert Storm

Three Days Only
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
    Who can confirm the new start program for Desert Storm.
    I have heard through good sources such as Bob Teague, that this year is going to be slightly differn't. Idle to the first card stop by the bridge or in thompson bay somewhere, and then a one boat at a time release for the run to the springs from the bouy line at thompson bay.
    That pretty much kills the big question "Who's Fastest To The First Stop!!"
    Also no backseat passangers if your boat runs over a certain speed.
    Can anyone confirm this???????????????

FastTimmy
    I heard it was idle to the first stop at the channel.
    Idle over to Crazy horse for your second card.
    Idle over to just off site six for your third.
    Get on plane headed over to Beach Comber for your fourth
    And last but not least, Idle over to your local sheriff for a breath-a-lizer.. Pass and you get your fifth card.
    What a mean person I am... The only sucky part would be having to talk to a lame Sheriff.. Those guys will hire anyone...

Keith E. Sayre
    I knew that they would ruin a good thing. Granted, it can
    be dangerous but other than a certain 37 talon, I've never
    really seen or heard of very many crazies in these half mil
    dollar and up boats. it's the "wannabe" guy in the $75,000
    boat that concerns me. they should let about the fastest 10 guys go with the old style start from the Buoy line
    except move the buoy line back about 500 yards towards the channel. then break the rest of them up into 2 or 3
    groups with the last one going to the river first instead
    of to the springs. (like they used to and never had an
    accident). Perfect, a bunch of California people telling us
    Arizona people how to do it even though they can't get
    anything right themselves. Just what we needed.
    I hope that the big boys will stack up while idling out and create their own little "start" so that the rest of us can
    see it first hand. After all, this isn't a race Bob!!! Tell that to those boys that just spent upwards of 3/4 mil or more!
    Sorry for the rant.
    Keith Sayre

FastTimmy
    It's not a rant Keith, it's the real truth...

Pheelin Phroggy
    Perfect, a bunch of California people telling us Arizona people how to do it even though they can't get
    Do you feel the same way about us "California Dummies" while your trying to sell us a boat?
    Just trying to clarify where I will be looking (or won't) for my new boat next year!

DCBob
    I knew that they would ruin a good thing. Granted, it can
    be dangerous but other than a certain 37 talon, I've never
    really seen or heard of very many crazies in these half mil
    dollar and up boats. it's the "wannabe" guy in the $75,000
    boat that concerns me. they should let about the fastest 10 guys go with the old style start from the Buoy line
    except move the buoy line back about 500 yards towards the channel. then break the rest of them up into 2 or 3
    groups with the last one going to the river first instead
    of to the springs. (like they used to and never had an
    accident). Perfect, a bunch of California people telling us
    Arizona people how to do it even though they can't get
    I hope that the big boys will stack up while idling out and create their own little "start" so that the rest of us can
    see it first hand. After all, this isn't a race Bob!!! Tell that to those boys that just spent upwards of 3/4 mil or more!
    Sorry for the rant.
    Keith Sayre
    Even though you qualified your statement as a rant...........I've got to take exception to the first part I didn't hear of any "wannabe guys" in last years Poker Run circuts acting overly crazy. To the contrary, it was some of the half million dollar boat owners that caused or were involved with the more serious accidents that I saw or read about putting our whole sport at risk. Most of the "wannabes" I know worked hard to get their boats, know how to use them and drive them safely for the most part....exceptions noted I will guarangoddamtee you, how much someone paid for their boat is not a qualification as to how well they operate one :idea:
    Rant over

Boatlesss
    Are you guy's bitchin about Teague again?

Phat Matt
    My Bloody Mary with still taste the same.

Even though you qualified your statement as a rant...........I've got to take exception to the first part I didn't hear of any "wannabe guys" in last years Poker Run circuts acting overly crazy. To the contrary, it was some of the half million dollar boat owners that caused or were involved with the more serious accidents that I saw or read about putting our whole sport at risk. Most of the "wannabes" I know worked hard to get their boats, know how to use them and drive them safely for the most part....exceptions noted I will guarangoddamtee you, how much someone paid for their boat is not a qualification as to how well they operate one :idea:
    Rant over
    I have to agree. The wanna bees that is spoke of are there to have fun and not break there junk where the rich focks in there 1/2 million $ boats dont care. They will just go to there truck and fix what broke. So I would say watch out for those rick fockers. The poor ones will stay out the way.

XtrmWakeborder
    If thats the truth I seriously doubt the big boys would be showing up next year. Who wants to bring their million dollar skater half way across the country to idle to the card stop?.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast