Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What water pickup for an intercooler?

zimm
    I need a water pickup for my whipple's intercooler. It takes 3/4" hose.
    I ordered the stainless marine pickup and it's HUGE!!! The size of my hand with 1" pipe on it. WAY too big for my little Donzi's transom. It looks like it'll feed enough water to cool the whole engine. I don't need that.
    What do you all recommend?
    I saw dana marine has the following in 3/4", but I'm worried about it not being adjustable like a transom mount unit.
    http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Pr...TOKEN=99004506

Brian
    I hooked my intercooler up to the drive pickup (pressure fed only), and used a big through hull offshore style deal to feed the pump for the oil cooler/motor/exhaust. Works great.

born2burn
    Why not run a 2 stage water pump? One stage for the engine and one stage for the chiller.

franky
    Why not run a 2 stage water pump? One stage for the engine and one stage for the chiller.
    you don't want water running thru the cooler when just idling, fuel pooling in the manifold......or so they say.

DMOORE
    My intercoolers have thru hull fittings (approx 3/4 in) and are pressure fed only. One number 10 line in and 2 # 10 out. No need for water flow at idle. And, no pump to mess with.
    Darrell.

ToMorrow44
    Call Teague they have adjustable water pickups and they'll make whatever you want. As far as a 2 stage pump, I know Teague is running those on the 900efi's so I don't think there are any problems with that if that's the way you want to go.
    -Tom

Beer-30
    You may have to go with a bottom-feeder.
    http://www.cpperformance.com/images/500-0408.jpg

Maxey
    I use a bottom feed as shown by "Beer-30". AN -10 line in and -10 line out of a 3300 Whipple. It has been fine for three years now. Install and line size was reccomended by Dustin @ Whipple.

Strip Poker 388
    Call Teague they have adjustable water pickups and they'll make whatever you want. As far as a 2 stage pump, I know Teague is running those on the 900efi's so I don't think there are any problems with that if that's the way you want to go.
    -Tom
    Thats what i would go with.
    Mine is presure fed , kinda wished I went off the pump like a 2 stage, My iat goes way up at idle,high enough to go into the richen part of the map.

franky
    I use a bottom feed as shown by "Beer-30". AN -10 line in and -10 line out of a 3300 Whipple. It has been fine for three years now. Install and line size was reccomended by Dustin @ Whipple.
    You should have a pressure regulator/release, you need some water pressure in the cooler to take the heat away properly. Just my $0.02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast