Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blew up my drive - what to do next?

bohica
    I was just cruising at around 40mph Saturday morning and the next thing you know a loud bang. Tuzrvr was right there when it happened and gave me a tow to the raft up for the poker run. I dropped the boat off with Chris at Prestige yesterday and today I got the bad news. When the gears went, it took the upper housing with it. I've got 2 choices, buy a remanufactured upper unit, which will be the older XR style, I have the new style now, or just buy a complete new XR drive. Price difference between the 2 will probably be around $2,500. I could always try and sell the lower unit I have now, but who knows how much I could get for that.
    What would you do?
    I have to give Chris at Prestige major props for jumping in and taking a look at the problem right away and giving me all my options. Can't beat the service at Prestige.

SummerBreeze
    Get the De Walt out and go to the deep end of the lake

INSman
    I would assume a NEW unit would carry the factory warranty for "X" period of time and the newest XR's have an upgraded cone clutch that shifts much better and smoother than the older style.

wait until memorial day weekend...Saturday night when everyone is drunk and passed out..You will have thousands of XR drives to choose from just pick the one you like...
    No problem on the tow. Someday I might need the favor in return..

OutCole'd
    Man, that sucks, how many hours? Did he say what caused it to break?

riverracerx
    Max Machine! They rebuilt my severed Bravo 1 and you get a shiny new billet top cap to prove it.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Damn, sorry to hear that Duane. If it were me, I'd go for the new drive.....

Cole Trickle
    Time for a TPI 848 and a beefed up drive
    Are you out of warranty?
    We saw you being towed to the Floatilla and wondered what wen't wrong...sucks

bohica
    2.5 years old, out of warranty and 139 hours

duner21
    That sucks big time. Sorry i missed your call bohica no cell service where we watched!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast