Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: You nearly saw the burning of The Great Satan

SmokinLowriderSS
    This past weekend, Saudi Arabia rounded up, arrested or kiled, 7 terrrorist cells, linked to Al-Queda, totaling 172 men, dug up caches of weapons and explosives , and $5+ MILLION from the desert sands.
    Their reported training, recently, in IRAQ.
    Their reported goals, destruction of Saudi OIL PRODUCTION, in hijacked airliner-style attacks (a-la-9/11).
    Just how much Saudi oil production would have to be destroyed to immediately send the price of a barrell of oil to $100+???
    I'd wager that 172 guys, in a number of aircraft, could destroy PLENTY of it.
    Try $6 a gallon gasoline.
    $7 a gallon diesel.
    Double the cost of heating oil.
    Try adding 50% to doubling the cost of just about everything due to that doubled diesel fuel transport cost.
    Still gonna buy an airline ticket when the price of THAT sucker doubles from the doubled fuel cost?
    Still gonna DRIVE on that vacation at double the gasoline cost?
    Apparently our govt has (very rightly) been "war-gaming" the war on terror, to try to predict moves, to try to come up with counter-moves to terrorist acts, and the one thing they haven't been able to find a work-arround to is a sudden spike in oil pricing to $11-$120 a barrell. The US economy FOLDS.
    They don't have to come HERE Ultra, this should concern you.

ULTRA26 # 1
    This past weekend, Saudi Arabia rounded up, arrested or kiled, 7 terrrorist cells, linked to Al-Queda, totaling 172 men, dug up caches of weapons and explosives , and $5+ MILLION from the desert sands.
    Their reported training, recently, in IRAQ.
    Their reported goals, destruction of Saudi OIL PRODUCTION, in hijacked airliner-style attacks (a-la-9/11).
    Just how much Saudi oil production would have to be destroyed to immediately send the price of a barrell of oil to $100+???
    I'd wager that 172 guys, in a number of aircraft, could destroy PLENTY of it.
    Try $6 a gallon gasoline.
    $7 a gallon diesel.
    Double the cost of heating oil.
    Try adding 50% to doubling the cost of just about everything due to that doubled diesel fuel transport cost.
    Still gonna buy an airline ticket when the price of THAT sucker doubles from the doubled fuel cost?
    Still gonna DRIVE on that vacation at double the gasoline cost?
    Apparently our govt has (very rightly) been "war-gaming" the war on terror, to try to predict moves, to try to come up with counter-moves to terrorist acts, and the one thing they haven't been able to find a work-arround to is a sudden spike in oil pricing to $11-$120 a barrell. The US economy FOLDS.
    They don't have to come HERE Ultra, this should concern you.
    Smokin,
    I'm not buyin it. Here area couple of paragraphs from the article:
    RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia announced Friday that an anti-terrorism sweep netted 172 Islamic extremists and stopped plans to mount air attacks on the kingdom's oil refineries, break militants out of jail and send suicide attackers to kill government officials.
    oil refineries.
    The militants were detained in successive waves, with one group confessing and leading security officials to another group as well as caches of weapons, al-Turki said. He told the privately owned Al-Arabiya television channel that some of those arrested were not Saudis.
    Since when do these martyr, suicide types roll over on themselves?
    Sounds like hype to me
    Smokin, we keep hearing that we are in Iraq fighting terrorists so that we don't have to fight them on US soil. Isn't this what Mr. Bush wants us all to believe? IMO it's all political BS about US control of mid-east oil. The tens of thousands of people killed in this mislabled war doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE! The US troops have done a fine job in Iraq and the mess we have created in Iraq is surely not the fault of our troops. The belief that the US military is going to bring piece to a region where groups have been at odds with each other forever, is unrealistic. We will never be able to desttroy all of the terrorists, and therefore they will alwyas exist. The Iraqi offensive is doing little in the way of defense of the American people here at home. Secure our borders Secure our borders Secure our borders . The
    1st basic is protecting our country continues to be ignored.

Blown 472
    Smokin,
    I'm not buyin it. Here area couple of paragraphs from the article:
    RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia announced Friday that an anti-terrorism sweep netted 172 Islamic extremists and stopped plans to mount air attacks on the kingdom's oil refineries, break militants out of jail and send suicide attackers to kill government officials.
    oil refineries.
    The militants were detained in successive waves, with one group confessing and leading security officials to another group as well as caches of weapons, al-Turki said. He told the privately owned Al-Arabiya television channel that some of those arrested were not Saudis.
    Since when do these martyr, suicide types roll over on themselves?
    Sounds like hype to me
    Smokin, we keep hearing that we are in Iraq fighting terrorists so that we don't have to fight them on US soil. Isn't this what Mr. Bush wants us all to believe? IMO it's all political BS about US control of mid-east oil. The tens of thousands of people killed in this mislabled war doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE! The US troops have done a fine job in Iraq and the mess we have created in Iraq is surely not the fault of our troops. The belief that the US military is going to bring piece to a region where groups have been at odds with each other forever, is unrealistic. We will never be able to desttroy all of the terrorists, and therefore they will alwyas exist. The Iraqi offensive is doing little in the way of defense of the American people here at home. Secure our borders Secure our borders Secure our borders . The
    Very well put, but falls on deaf ears, smokin is in this up to his neck and cant see anything but what is spoon fed to him on fox and cnn.
    Btw, America is the great satan.
    Nice cut and paste thou.

eliminatedsprinter
    Smokin,
    Secure our borders Secure our borders Secure our borders . The
    On this we can agree, but what do we do when the Repubs ignore illegal immigration and the Dems are actually seeking policies, that promote and encourage more of it (ie giiving in state tuition in colleges, pushing for legislation to give illegals Ca drivers lics and other benifits of Ca citizenship, etc)??
    Would you support voting agianst both Democrats and Repulicians?
    Or would you place priority on getting rid of the Dems first (as the biggest promoters of ilegal immigration) and then pressuring the Rebulicians to grow a pair and stand up to the Dems better? Remember how our states Democratic leadership freaked out when Arnold said we need to secure our borders and remember how he caved in and softened his tone after the Dem's massive outcry???

centerhill condor
    I'm glad they caught the bad guys! another success in the war on terror.
    CC

ULTRA26 # 1
    On this we can agree, but what do we do when the Repubs ignore illegal immigration and the Dems are actually seeking policies, that promote and encourage more of it (ie giiving in state tuition in colleges, pushing for legislation to give illegals Ca drivers lics and other benifits of Ca citizenship, etc)??
    Would you support voting agianst both Democrats and Repulicians?
    Or would you place priority on getting rid of the Dems first (as the biggest promoters of ilegal immigration) and then pressuring the Rebulicians to grow a pair and stand up to the Dems better? Remember how our states Democratic leadership freaked out when Arnold said we need to secure our borders and remember how he caved in and softened his tone after the Dem's massive outcry???
    I do not support providing for illegals, in any way at all. I will vote against any party or politician that supports any form of handout to illegals. Saying that one party or the other is better or worse is not something I can do. Both parties continue to operate from a position of being politically correct and not what is necessarily correct for the American people. It makes me totally crazy. BTW, I strongly support the reduction of legal immigration, as it by itself is making a huge mess out of this Country.

eliminatedsprinter
    I do not support providing for illegals, in any way at all. I will vote against any party or politician that supports any form of handout to illegals. Saying that one party or the other is better or worse is not something I can do. Both parties continue to operate from a position of being politically correct and not what is necessarily correct for the American people. It makes me totally crazy. BTW, I strongly support the reduction of legal immigration, as it by itself is making a huge mess out of this Country.
    To a point you can say that, on a national level, but not on the state level here in Ca.
    In our states legislature there is a clear differance. All of those who favor providing state support for illegal (ie in state tuition and drivers lics etc) are democrats and almost 100% of the opposition on these things is from the Republicians. Furthermore, all of the efforts to restrict illegal aliens access to government services are being pushed by Republicians and are opposed by Democrats. Oh no, at the state level there actually is a very clear differance on how the two parties vote on illegal immigration related issues. You just need to pay attention to state politics to see it.:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
    To a point you can say that, on a national level, but not on the state level here in Ca.
    In our states legislature there is a clear differance. All of those who favor providing state support for illegal (ie in state tuition and drivers lics etc) are democrats and almost 100% of the opposition on these things is from the Republicians. Furthermore, all of the efforts to restrict illegal aliens access to government services are being pushed by Republicians and are opposed by Democrats. Oh no, at the state level there actually is a very clear differance on how the two parties vote on illegal immigration related issues. You just need to pay attention to state politics to see it.:idea:
    I researched this a while back and in CA we are not providing Govt services to illegals, with the exception of medical. In CA you must provide a SS # to obtain a driver's license. Most forms of govt assistance require that the recipient have a SS #. This is not to say that illegals don't have bogus SS #'s. But this suggests that this is not endorsed by one political side or another. I don't think you have your facts in order with regard to illegals and govt services. If you are referring to public schools, any child born in the US is a US citizen. This is federal law not state. The US provides public education to all US citizens.
    As I stated previously, I will not vote for anyone who supports aid or rights for illegals, end of story.

eliminatedsprinter
    I researched this a while back and in CA we are not providing Govt services to illegals, with the exception of medical. In CA you must provide a SS # to obtain a driver's license. Most forms of govt assistance require that the recipient have a SS #. This is not to say that illegals don't have bogus SS #'s. But this suggests that this is not endorsed by one political side or another. I don't think you have your facts in order with regard to illegals and govt services. If you are referring to public schools, any child born in the US is a US citizen. This is federal law not state. The US provides public education to all US citizens.
    As I stated previously, I will not vote for anyone who supports aid or rights for illegals, end of story.
    I'm not talking at all about anyone born in the United States of America or the K-12 public schools that federal courts have ruled are required to be available to all children residing in the US legally or not (not just citizens as you erroniously assertained).
    Nope, I just know that "In State" Tuition rates for Community Colleges and State Universities is a State subsidized rate, therefore any student who pays the "in state" tuition rate is recieving a major state government service. Democrats BY STRAIGHT PARTY LINE VOTE AND GRAY DAVIS'S signature have made it Ca state law that illegal immigrant students who can show they currently reside in Ca can pay the "in state" rate and the proof Ca residency requirements for U.S. citizens is waived for them. That is not only a goverment service, it is one that most U.S. citizens (and legal immigrants) can not recieve. And it was done by and still strongly supported by Ca's legislative democrats.
    You obviously are not following the proposed bills in our state legislature and you do not have a clear picture of what the 2 parties are proposing and or how members of the parties are voting in the legislature. There is a major differance between what the 2 parties are proposing and supporting in the State Legislature. You are correct that illegals are not legally recieving many services, but that is largely because Democratic legislative efforts have thus far failed to gain traction with the public and there have been just enough Republicians and a very small minority of legislative Dems, in the legislature to thwart them.....You really need to follow what goes on in the legislature and the Ca Democratic party. All of their (the Ca Democrats) current proposals (and there are several) are in direct opposition to what your stated beliefs are on the illegal immigration issue.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I'm not talking at all about anyone born in the United States of America or the K-12 public schools that federal courts have ruled are required to be available to all children residing in the US legally or not (not just citizens as you erroniously assertained).
    Nope, I just know that "In State" Tuition rates for Community Colleges and State Universities is a State subsidized rate, therefore any student who pays the "in state" tuition rate is recieving a major state government service. Democrats BY STRAIGHT PARTY LINE VOTE AND GRAY DAVIS'S signature have made it Ca state law that illegal immigrant students who can show they currently reside in Ca can pay the "in state" rate and the proof Ca residency requirements for U.S. citizens is waived for them. That is not only a goverment service, it is one that most U.S. citizens (and legal immigrants) can not recieve. And it was done by and still strongly supported by Ca's legislative democrats.
    You obviously are not following the proposed bills in our state legislature and you do not have a clear picture of what the 2 parties are proposing and or how members of the parties are voting in the legislature. There is a major differance between what the 2 parties are proposing and supporting in the State Legislature. You are correct that illegals are not legally recieving many services, but that is largely because Democratic legislative efforts have thus far failed to gain traction with the public and there have been just enough Republicians and a very small minority of legislative Dems, in the legislature to thwart them.....You really need to follow what goes on in the legislature and the Ca Democratic party. All of their (the Ca Democrats) current proposals (and there are several) are in direct opposition to what your stated beliefs are on the illegal immigration issue.
    I am aware of some of what has been proposed and as I stated, in answer to your question, I will not vote for a dem or rep who standing for govt aid for illegals. I am also aware that it is mainly the dems who have suggested such nonsense. I'm not for it period. When my Son went to Cal State Fullerton, as I recall, it wasn't quite as simple as you make it sound. What haven't I
    answered?
    current proposals (and there are several) are in direct opposition to what your stated beliefs are on the illegal immigration issue And your point is what?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast