Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: You nearly saw the burning of The Great Satan

eliminatedsprinter
    I am aware of some of what has been proposed and as I stated, in answer to your question, I will not vote for a dem or rep who standing for govt aid for illegals. I am also aware that it is mainly the dems who have suggested such nonsense. I'm not for it period. When my Son went to Cal State Fullerton, as I recall, it wasn't quite as simple as you make it sound. What haven't I
    answered?
    current proposals (and there are several) are in direct opposition to what your stated beliefs are on the illegal immigration issue And your point is what?
    Thanks.
    I wasn't making a point. I was just asking for clarification of an apparent ambiguity, between your stated position and the positions of those you seem to otherwise support. I wasn't seeking a gotcha, just a better understanding.
    As for something not being as simple as I make it sound. That is a given, as I try to be clear, but I can't possibly cover the complexity of most things in the very short time I spend on these posts.
    What haven't you answered?? You haven't given me next weeks winning lottery numbers and I want you to know I'm getting pissed about it..

SmokinLowriderSS
    Secure our borders Secure our borders Secure our borders . The
    1st basic is protecting our country continues to be ignored.
    Just how, exactly, does a secure border, protect this country's economy from as sudden DOUBLING OF THE COST OF ENERGY AND TRANSPORTATION???
    Ultra, you seem to prefer to diatribe as opposed to answering a simple question. What's it gonna be this time? I'll hit the NY Times thread tomorow.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Very well put, but falls on deaf ears, smokin is in this up to his neck and cant see anything but what is spoon fed to him on fox and cnn.
    Btw, America is the great satan.
    Nice cut and paste thou.
    Nope, no position, and no lucidity either. Why am I not surprised?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Just how, exactly, does a secure border, protect this country's economy from as sudden DOUBLING OF THE COST OF ENERGY AND TRANSPORTATION???
    Ultra, you seem to prefer to diatribe as opposed to answering a simple question. What's it gonna be this time? I'll hit the NY Times thread tomorow.
    Diatribe? You arrogant ass. The lives of human beings vs. the economy? You're one sick bastard. The price of gasoline is up nearly 40% and the price of crude is lower. Obviously, we are way the fu*** off course. Don't you think it's time you get a grip. As I recall you claim to be Christian. You sure as hell don't sound like it. ?? Or are you some new kind of Christian that believes killing is OK? Your attitude about how to handle the middle east is similarly radical, to those we are supposed to be at war against. I see terrorists as the lowest form of human life. They're killers. Responding to terrorists at their level (killing them), aint much better. I guess killing is Christlike if you view it as preventive genocide. Not!

centerhill condor
    Or are you some new kind of Christian that believes killing is OK? Your attitude about how to handle the middle east is similarly radical, to those we are supposed to be at war against. I see terrorists as the lowest form of human life. They're killers. Responding to terrorists at their level (killing them), aint much better. I guess killing is Christlike if you view it as preventive genocide. Not!
    Killing is totally different than murder. Terrorists are murderers. You can stay above the fray as long as others volunteer to do your fighting and dying for you...That way you can claim to have the moral high ground.
    There is nothing "radical" about using violence. This world is ruled by violence and there's nothing more we can do about it than pray for peace and pass the ammunition.
    I would love a world without war and killing...one day when man is gone from the planet it will exist. You can put a flower in the muzzle of a rifle but it won't make the lead taste any better!

Blown 472
    Diatribe? You arrogant ass. The lives of human beings vs. the economy? You're one sick bastard. The price of gasoline is up nearly 40% and the price of crude is lower. Obviously, we are way the fu*** off course. Don't you think it's time you get a grip. As I recall you claim to be Christian. You sure as hell don't sound like it. ?? Or are you some new kind of Christian that believes killing is OK? Your attitude about how to handle the middle east is similarly radical, to those we are supposed to be at war against. I see terrorists as the lowest form of human life. They're killers. Responding to terrorists at their level (killing them), aint much better. I guess killing is Christlike if you view it as preventive genocide. Not!
    You see in church they teach you that you need gas in your car and boat and it dont matter how many of them a rabs you kill cuz they aint like us wonderful christians. You know the ones that cut womens tits off if they didn't convert, or burned their feet, or put them in an iron maidon. These are the roots of these god fearing spinless ****s that think it ok to kill.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Killing is totally different than murder. Terrorists are murderers. You can stay above the fray as long as others volunteer to do your fighting and dying for you...That way you can claim to have the moral high ground.
    There is nothing "radical" about using violence. This world is ruled by violence and there's nothing more we can do about it than pray for peace and pass the ammunition.
    I would love a world without war and killing...one day when man is gone from the planet it will exist. You can put a flower in the muzzle of a rifle but it won't make the lead taste any better!
    Killing is totally different than murder
    By deifinition the main difference is murder is illegal killing
    Killing in self defense is one thing. Killing to protect our economy, as Smokin suggests and what caused my rant, is something very different.
    How many civilians have been killed/murdered by the US in Iraq? I see little difference.
    There is nothing "radical" about using violence. This world is ruled by violence
    Intelligence is what should rule the world and can. Violence is the most primative form of rule.
    You can stay above the fray as long as others volunteer to do your fighting and dying for you...
    I don't want others fighting and dying for me and I surely don't want any more loss of American life in the vat of shit called Iraq.
    The majority of the people in the US want us out of Iraq. Again, the majority
    To date th US has lost 3300 lives and we have spent nearly a trillion dollars, fighting in Iraq.
    Have we created a peacful Iraq?
    Have we created a better and/or safer quality of life for the Iraqi people?
    Have we rebuilt what we destroyed in Iraq?
    Have there been fewer terrorist attacks?
    NO
    We have managed to keep the oil flowing assuring the highest oil company profits in history, at the cost 3330 military lives, the lives of 10's of thousands of Iraqis and the American consumer
    The war in Iraq, isn't about defending you or me it's about control of Iraqi oil. The only winners to date in Iraq, are the oil companies.
    Have you ever givin any thought to what investing a trillion dollars in US systems, education, roads, military, securtity alternative energy, etc. would do for this Country? I asssure you that we would be far better off than we are today.
    The majority of the people in the US want us out of Iraq for good reason

IMPATIENT 1
    Smokin,
    I'm not buyin it. Here area couple of paragraphs from the article:
    RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia announced Friday that an anti-terrorism sweep netted 172 Islamic extremists and stopped plans to mount air attacks on the kingdom's oil refineries, break militants out of jail and send suicide attackers to kill government officials.
    oil refineries.
    The militants were detained in successive waves, with one group confessing and leading security officials to another group as well as caches of weapons, al-Turki said. He told the privately owned Al-Arabiya television channel that some of those arrested were not Saudis.
    Since when do these martyr, suicide types roll over on themselves?
    Sounds like hype to me
    Smokin, we keep hearing that we are in Iraq fighting terrorists so that we don't have to fight them on US soil. Isn't this what Mr. Bush wants us all to believe? IMO it's all political BS about US control of mid-east oil. The tens of thousands of people killed in this mislabled war doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE! The US troops have done a fine job in Iraq and the mess we have created in Iraq is surely not the fault of our troops. The belief that the US military is going to bring piece to a region where groups have been at odds with each other forever, is unrealistic. We will never be able to desttroy all of the terrorists, and therefore they will alwyas exist. The Iraqi offensive is doing little in the way of defense of the American people here at home. Secure our borders Secure our borders Secure our borders . The
    1st basic is protecting our country continues to be ignored.
    i agree with alot of this other than this statement "doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE!". christians have killed more people for "faith" than any other religion i know of(remember the spanish inquistion, or the cursades). our country is being crippled by christian "faith" and values.
    get our troops outta iraq and get our borders locked down!!!then i'll feel safe at home in the u.s. again!

ULTRA26 # 1
    i agree with alot of this other than this statement "doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE!". christians have killed more people for "faith" than any other religion i know of(remember the spanish inquistion, or the cursades). our country is being crippled by christian "faith" and values.
    get our troops outta iraq and get our borders locked down!!!then i'll feel safe at home in the u.s. again!
    doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE I wasn't suggesting that it hasn't been happening forever, just that killing doesn't follow one of their big 10.

IMPATIENT 1
    doesn't follow the one of the basics of the Chrstian faith. KILLING PEOPLE I wasn't suggesting that it hasn't been happening forever, just that killing doesn't follow one of their big 10.
    gotcha. all religions lax their values when it comes to self interests, just seems that the christian faith does it more than most and history seems to back that up lol christian"s views on the big 10 are hilarious to me. seems like everyday some evangelist gets caught poking little boys or with a needle in his arm, or hooker on it i just want a country that's sticks to the "seperation of church and state" so we can get on with cancer cure, let woman have abortions if they want em(hell, its their body!!!), let gays get married if it makes them happier and better people.
    the saudies got er done with alittle torture i bet, maybe we need to take lessons

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast