Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interior upgraded with new hatch

beaverfab
    Dimarco are the turbos water cooled? Have been told that they get to hot with a cover. Would like you to send more pictures of the turbo setup when you can. Looks realy nice!!!! thanks j.j. smile_sp
    [ March 15, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: beaverfab ]

78DiMarco
    Yes, they have a water jacketed cover that goes over the turbo. This setup was in a dog house type cover before so this setup should let it breath a lot better. I will post some more pics of the motor as soon as I get a chance.

slowpoke
    Hey there 78,
    The boat is looking very nice.
    Did you get the sounds done yet?

DansBlown73Nordic
    Did you make all the Wood? It looks Great.... wink

Costello
    Great interior configuration. I'd like to set mine up like that. It seems most guys go from the "old style" 6-8 passenger to a 5 passenger setup when going to the hatch cover from a doghouse. You combined both the old and new style and I think it's ideal. wink

78DiMarco
    Yo slowpoke! How was Monty's? Sorry we missed it. Still working on the sound system. With the rain and my schedule it has been slow . I have all the parts, just need to mount the amp, head unit and speakers, then run the wiring (sounds like I better get to work). I'm still trying to figure out where to place the amp so it gets air flow and is not real far from the battery (and dosn't get wet)?
    D66S, we gutted the interior and started from scratch. All new wood and layout.
    Costello, thanks for the compliment. This is what Walt at TUS called cocktail seating. The back seat is kind of like a cocktail booth I guess. Anyway, it came out pretty good if I do say.

superV
    corleone17:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/271New_Interior_looking_forward-med.jpg[/img] This is a sweet set up!Good Job. I would like to know about what it cost$$ ya, and how you went about it as I am going to do the same thing. Any info would be great?

78DiMarco
    SuperV, I wanted a more conventional setup and the old dog house with the tiny little seats in the rear were almost usless. I looked at many different boat interiors and after talking to a few different interior guys I went with Walt at TUS. He and I wend over what I wanted and this is the design we came up with. Walt did the whole job including all the wood and this is how it came out. He even finished under the seats, added an area to mount the stereo head unit. The interior with carpet, wood, hatch and hatch motor was about $4k. Now all I need to do is get it wet!!

78DiMarco
    Beaverfab, I shot some more pics of the motor and the turbo's. I will try and post them later tonight after work.

superV
    78DiMarco:
    SuperV, I wanted a more conventional setup and the old dog house with the tiny little seats in the rear were almost usless. I looked at many different boat interiors and after talking to a few different interior guys I went with Walt at TUS. He and I wend over what I wanted and this is the design we came up with. Walt did the whole job including all the wood and this is how it came out. He even finished under the seats, added an area to mount the stereo head unit. The interior with carpet, wood, hatch and hatch motor was about $4k. Now all I need to do is get it wet!! Thanks for the info. It came out TITS. 4K eek! eek!
    I think I will have to do some of the work myself. How much$$ of that was carpet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast