Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daddy and son river weekend this weekend

lewiville
    Thought it would be cool to take the little guy out by himself without his big sisters this weekend. We can get some "guy" time out there. Its well needed.

RiverToysJas
    I did that when my son was 3, maybe 4. Just he and I went out, set up the trailer for the weekend, and launched the boat. That afternoon the worst storm in a bunch of years hit. I think 8 boats sank on Havasu. We big rolling white caps in the river between Needles and Moabi. We did fine, he got a little scared, but handled it good. The only problem putting the boat back on the trailer in the heavy wind storm by myself! I finally was able to get the guy pulling out next to me to drive up my truck while I held the boat in place.
    For the rest of the season my son was always "checking for clouds" before we launched the boat. LOL
    Waterndog and I have since had "no Moms" trips with my two kids and his daughter. Kids loved that. Two Dads and three kids, all under 6yo.
    You should have a great time.
    RTJas

lewiville
    I did that when my son was 3, maybe 4. Just he and I went out, set up the trailer for the weekend, and launched the boat. That afternoon the worst storm in a bunch of years hit. I think 8 boats sank on Havasu. We big rolling white caps in the river between Needles and Moabi. We did fine, he got a little scared, but handled it good. The only problem putting the boat back on the trailer in the heavy wind storm by myself! I finally was able to get the guy pulling out next to me to drive up my truck while I held the boat in place.
    For the rest of the season my son was always "checking for clouds" before we launched the boat. LOL
    Waterndog and I have since had "no Moms" trips with my two kids and his daughter. Kids loved that. Two Dads and three kids, all under 6yo.
    You should have a great time.
    RTJas
    cant wait. I hope there's no storm set for this weekend.

Baja Big Dog
    cant wait. I hope there's no storm set for this weekend.
    Who cares if it rains, I couldnt imagine anyghing more fun that sittin in the front yard on a milk crate wih your little "bro" watching it rain!!!
    Count your blessings, and take pictures.

Run_em_Hard
    Right after I graduated from High School me ans my dad took a trip to Havasu, just us two. One of the best trips I have ever been on.
    Have fun, make it memorable

lewiville
    Who cares if it rains, I couldnt imagine anyghing more fun that sittin in the front yard on a milk crate wih your little "bro" watching it rain!!!
    Count your blessings, and take pictures.
    thanks. something I really looking forward to. have to stock up on batteries for the camera.

lewiville
    Right after I graduated from High School me ans my dad took a trip to Havasu, just us two. One of the best trips I have ever been on.
    Have fun, make it memorable
    I can only hope he remembers after all drinking we'll be doing oh thats right he's only 5 lol

pixilatedpussy
    Thought it would be cool to take the little guy out by himself without his big sisters this weekend. We can get some "guy" time out there. Its well needed.
    Awwww! Thats cute! Have fun on your guys weekend!

lewiville
    Awwww! Thats cute! Have fun on your guys weekend!
    think we might find some hotties out there?

driverno8
    I did it last weekend! Me and my 2 year old. Had a friggen blast! I plan on doing it more this summer. VERY much needed father-son time.
    Have a blast and enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast