Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BOTE ANNA--The Plan

DelawareDave
    I believe 737Jetmech won the jewelry.

LynnsJet
    ... and I also was able to donate a piece of jewelry to be auctioned off for the CMNW and was off to enjoy our time at the water.... A beautiful Day!
    Wet Dream - if I could find out who the piece went to and if they liked it, I'm glad I could help out...See you all Next Year or out and about sometime this summer!!!
    Sounds like you had a good time. It was a pleasure meeting you and I know that Jetmech737's wife or daughters will enjoy the jewerly. It was really nice. Hope to see you again soon or next year for sure.
    I think it was a great event again this year. There were a lot of new people there including the people from Florida who came a long way to attend. I hope they thought the trip was worthwhile and plan to come again next year.
    I hope everyone made it home safely. I don't have a count on the phones yet but I will post a count after I rest up a bit.
    Special thanks to Supersoaker and DelawareDave for helping me with my logistical problem.
    See you all next year.

HammerDown
    I believe 737Jetmech won the jewelry.
    737JetMech-Bob-A.K.A. (Mr Casual) is quite the Bling-Bling type of fella
    Here he can be seen doing what he does best...being "casual".
    At times we check for a pulse.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...icture_010.jpg

rrocky
    We had a great time our first time to Anna, We will be back if you will have us.

Gearhead2k
    Sounds like you had a good time. It was a pleasure meeting you and I know that Jetmech737's wife or daughters will enjoy the jewerly. It was really nice. Hope to see you again soon or next year for sure.
    We had a great time! I went down the pass on my ski a few times, and kept the two knuckle heads in line, but we had to go home, damn jet boat got a rock in it! oh well just something else to tinker with....
    Lynn - We will try to get out this summer to some of the other events and see more of everybody...
    Jetmech737 - if you see this please take a pic of your wife or daughter with the pendant on I will put them on the gallery page on my website!
    Christina

Wet Dream
    well I showed up, A friend of mine brought his fish and ski over and off we went.. got there and even made land.. walked around a bit and no one seemed to know anything of you guys even being there.. some even kinda a lil rude for my taste
    --Brought money for Tshirt... no were did I see the shirts or anyone wearing them
    --Brought Cellphones and some chargers... seen no place to drop em off, no "Blue box"
    --Brought 10 Tshirts, 3 auto alarms and 2 sets of "Competition Series" off road lights for your auction for the childrens network from "Outlaw Custom Trucks" {which I own} Seen no place to drop em off
    Was I at Jacks?..
    yes I was.. got 20-26 pics to prove it.. from land and water..
    Did I see some of you there?..
    yes.. but never found anyone..I saw your boats..
    I was the guy in the blue fish and ski sitting off the islands taking pics from both sides of the gathering
    Now I got a few questions..
    1 who do I send the money to for the Tshirt I ordered? since I did show up
    2 Do you guys usually spray folks with your rooster tails that are well out of the way and simply just watching...
    you know who you are..
    3 Are you guys and gals an exclusive club?..
    4 Should I go elsewere to find people that are interested in helping folks trying to get into this sport and build a nice boat?
    I am sorry that you felt a little out of place. Everybody that was there, does not represent who the people from BOTE are, and having a jet boat doesn't make then a BOTE'r. The BOTE people are the best people you will ever know, but I'm biased. From the sounds of it, you were over toward the beach side, near the blast area. I think I personally walked over there twice, but you managed to take a photo of my boat, and I was never really more than 25 feet away from it. We were under the white EZ-UP, with BOTE T-Shirts on hangars swingin in the breeze. I even sent the wife over there to announce that "Whoever preordered BOTE Tshirts needed to come get them".
    To get through some of the questions:
    #1: Ok, you showed up, but I, nor my wife knew that. I don't know you, and you can't expect me to know that you pulled up in a friends boat, one of over 170+ and expect me to recognize you. My cell phone number has been posted on here for months on end. A couple of other people managed to call for directions and get in touch and find the location and find the T shirts. When it comes time to pull anchor on Saturday, its time to sell off what we have left. I don't want to bring anything home. You have a pic of my boat, the silver and yellow one, so I know I was there, just a few feet to the left.
    #2: It depends. Some people, like JR likes to have his boat washed out on purpose. Some jackass on a jetski that thinks a jet wake is fun within 100' of a jet's transom, is probably going to get wet. I would call that intentional. If you were anchored at the blast area, thats not the best area. Or anywhere near the track. If a boat goes out of control, and you're there... Maybe you were too close for someones comfort, or maybe you found one real prick that didn't like something, or perhaps it was purely an accident. PM me the description of the boat. Like I said earlier, having a jet does NOT automatically give him an association to us.
    #3: Exclusive? Club? Couldn't be farther from it. From over 6 years ago and up to this minute, we're one of the loosest groups of people out there. There is no hazing, no apps, no dues, no secret handshake, not yet anyway. It a bunch of people with performance boating in common and can hang and participate and call themselves BOTE'rs.
    #4: You can't expect to show up and say here is my boat, show me how to fix it, by the way...they call me Thunderbolt. Get active, participate in threads. These are the same guys and gals that will fix your breakdown and have you back on the water and cook you dinner at night. A little more digging would have found any one of us and pointed us out.
    A few odds and ends, Lynn's box was Red, and sounds like it wasn't hiding.
    We appreciate the thought of the donations. (I'm going to restrain myself from a possible complete bashing of one of the so called businesses on here for their complete lack of any participation) Those would have been some fantastic items for the raffle. Its unfortunate we couldn't have made a connection. You should have come to the hotel (cell block) and met some of the great people that come out every year. We hope you give it another shot next year, but we'll be back at Anna in August for a low-key boating weekend.

Wet Dream
    We had a great time! I went down the pass on my ski a few times, and kept the two knuckle heads in line, but we had to go home, damn jet boat got a rock in it! oh well just something else to tinker with....
    Lynn - We will try to get out this summer to some of the other events and see more of everybody...
    Jetmech737 - if you see this please take a pic of your wife or daughter with the pendant on I will put them on the gallery page on my website!
    Christina
    Christina, the pendant was absolutely beautiful. I hope JetMech can get a few pics together for you. Thank you for everything, and it was a pleasure meeting you and your boyfriend.

Thunderbolt
    whoa whoa whoa..
    Don't be attacking me man WTF???..
    I just signed up the end of may for 1 and I am active on here. I didn't think everyone that was there was with this place, I noticed boats that I had seen on here thats how I knew some of you were there.. Since I just signed on in May how the heck am I supposed to know who is who.. walk out to your boat and say "who owns this"? C, mon this ain't my 1st rodeo. if I didn't like what I seen here I sure as heck wouldn't have come out there... for a t-shirt lol I design my own. I did see a tent there in the area your speaking of but the shirts hanging weren't the ones I seen posted here they had gold or yellow writing on the top so as I stated before I thought they were someone elses.. if that was you I simply missed ya.. now trust me when I say this.. I am not disrespecting you but I asked 4 people and no one knew anything about you guys.. not my fault.. so we went back into the water for some photos and make the day our selves..so anything that took place after we hit the water we were unaware of.. again.. not my fault.. my apologies are offered.
    now to comment on your answers if I may..
    #1 check which ever phone is listed in this thread... see if there is not an 804 503 number.. it was called on Sat.. no answer
    Theres no way you could have known we were there because I couldn't find no one and no one answered the phone.. again my apologies not like I didn't try, but thx for answering my question.. I can't get my shirt.. no problems..
    we were 15ft off the bank. in 1.3 ft of water the reason no close-ups on the "drag lanes".. those pics were taken with the zoom on. well out of the area the blast area we took pics of as you can see on another island with no problems "having fun" I am sorry I thought most of the folks there were with you guys.. sorry for assumeing. he may have *cough*not*cough* been with you guys.. as stated before I'm not the one to point fingers...no problems..
    ok thats cool thx.. no problems
    ummm ok, dunno were that came from but Sorry, I don't expect anything from anyone. I've been here less then a month learning the lingo and finding my way around this place. and I know all about helping, once I get to know all and all knows me you'll find out I am the 1st person that will volunteer to help out without question. 4 people didn't know you guys were there after 3 more hellos and noses going up we went back to the water.. after the spray later in the day.. we left.. being in that frame of mind would you have went and tried to find out were anything else was.. I came back here to post questions thoughts and remarks.. after all this is a forums correct? Sorry I speak my mind.. liked or not.. there my opinions and thoughts and does not express the feeling or thoughts of others..
    odds and ends.. my apologies go out to Lynn I thought I read it was blue, but he did say were I could send em to and they were sent today .. thank you on that Lynn.
    edited in.. my bad it was red white and blue d'oh
    Donateing for a good cause is not a problem for me ya should see what I donate at the toys for tots every year at the show I host lol the collection starts Jan 1 and goes thru nov. ho ho ho is the only way to go..
    so from what I am gathering here .. I got no problems .. so I guess were good?
    O btw.. "Thunderbolt" is the name pop riveted on my boat which will be gone on the repaint, I may keep one on the dash since it is the name of the boat.. my friends call me by name.. thx for the feedback and have a great day..
    James

Thunderbolt
    So are there any other pics.. CVX20 those pics look great... nice shots

drejustice
    Well we had a great time even though not all went as planned.
    Friday, we thought sandbar. We find 1 boat (Charlie, his bro Greg, and Charlie's girl) Still a cool time just hanging, etc so no worries.
    Sat, A bit late to the game so we anchored a bit further around the corner than last year but made the walk over. Ran into some folks from last year and met some new folks but since we brought a some people and we had a great spot to see the lanes we hung around the boat a bit.
    Sat night. What can I say other than we dropped the ball. The fact that there was a DD on boat led a few of us to indulge a bit much and when we got back to condo + a few more and that's all she wrote. We hope to make a better showing next year

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast