Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: If you were president of the USA

Moneypitt
    Wow..picked a bad day to be a Mexican....
    Only if you're an illegal in OUR country..........MP

SHOTKALLIN
    I would ask why the hell is the city of LA's mayor doing out of LA...
    Mayor Villalarazza was in El Salvador trying to set up some kind of relations to track MS13 gang members. Now the L.A.P.D. will share info with El Salvador P.D. as to who the players are and tracking their whereabouts. Global war on gangs.
    The funny thing is Mayor Villalarazza has always denied the fact that there is an illegal gang problem in L.A. He was on channel 7 news just a few months ago saying that ALL the illegals are hard working and law abiding. What a tool.

epeagle
    i think our boats should say made in mexico..
    or better yet made in usa by a mexican.
    those illegals can sure build some good boats.
    every shop i toured seemed to be bumping the mexican music, and very few of the workers even spoke english.
    ..Bueno,..you have reached LaveyCraft...for spanish press one, for chinese press two, for english numero tres.

SHOTKALLIN
    If I were President I would build the fence. Then I would electrify it like at the prison. Then I would change the constitution to exclude Anchor Babies from being citizens. I would enforce existing immigration laws. I would build prisons to house all the Criminal illegals. The ones that truly are working and contributing to our society and took the time to learn English get to stay pending a background check. They get Green Cards not citizenship. After all the strawberries need picking. I would create a "TEMPORARY" guest worker program and prosecute employers who hire illegal workers. I would also pass a law outlawing the flying of any countries flag other than the U.S. on American soil. With the exception of the Olympics and foreign embassies.
    HARSH?
    This country needs to find its nuts quick.

SHOTKALLIN
    I have another question..
    do any of you think something would have been said about the reporter (who wasn't listening or leaving) if she was white or another race. :idea:
    there was a white guy from channel 2 that was pushed around.

Moneypitt
    there was a white guy from channel 2 that was pushed around.
    Channel 2 has a white guy?????? Those racist pigs......Imagine the nerve of those people, hiring a white guy........MP

Flyinbowtie
    Reading the comments everyone has posted, and using them to do an entirely unscientific evaluation of what a small slice of Americana is thinking, I am getting the sense that folks 'round here ain't happy with the current doin's in DC. In all honesty, when are we going to do something about it? Really, I mean it.
    We always have, and always will, get what we are willing to work for when it comes to the people we send to DC and the state houses. We all know damn well that voter turnout in this country hovers around 40-45%. That is simply a travesty. I also understand why good people don't want to insert themselves into the political process, first of all, with mass media leading the way, it costs huge amounts of money to run for office. Most of us ain't got that. Then, there is the anal probing done by the media in the "vetting" process that looks back into every nook and cranny of a candidates life to see if they every may have been present when a politcally incorrect act took place, or if they ever made a mistake in their life.
    (It is ironic that a former speaker of the house, (Newt) got slammed and his career set back by a decade for writing a book while in office and running for re-election, but Hillary could do the EXACT same thing 5 years later and the book is touted as one of the great literary works of our time. Double standard? Methinks so.)
    So we don't attract some of the best our country has to offer, only those with the $ and the grease to cover all their entirely human mistakes.
    The situation in this county will not change until the $ associated with electing a sitting congressperson is taken out of the mix. That will only happen when term limits are forced down their throats, and they return to whatever job they really do, like the forefathers intended, after a reasonable period of public service.
    This thread is discussing what each of us would do if, "President for a day"
    Every respondent has touched on critical mass issues that represent giant, well known threats to this country's very exisitence.
    Every elected offical that is sworn in to serve at the federal level swears an oath, with their hand on the Bible, (or other icon of faith). That oath ends with the words,"Preserve. Protect, and Defend the Constitution of the United States."
    Anybody see the irony of that, with what we are discusing here?

busterbox
    I would do the same thing that the Mexican government does when you break their immigration laws.... throw them in jail.....Prosecute them.... fine them.... and then deport them.....................Or make them disappear.

Fast Freddy
    build a 20 foot high wall across the entire border and put a 20 foot wide dirt road running along side it on the US side. every 100 miles have a station with buildings etc for national guard troops. place a hummer with a .50 caliber machine gun and 2 guardsmen every 1 mile along the fence. any illegal who crosses the fence will be taken prisoner. put them in a jail in the USA that makes them work for free for 60 days and then send them back to their country. i guarantee that will put a stop to the problem.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910