Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Venting the prop

Chickenlips
    I checked the plate and it isn't big enough. It already has two holes in it for the drive shower. Can I extend the plate without affecting the unit. In the pictures It looks like the air tube is on outside of the prop. How big would the tube have to be?

STV_Keith
    R&R Prop Shop drilled PVS spec holes in my Bravo's with his CNC machine. So I can tailor the amount I need with the PVS plugs or plug it all together for the next owner.

ToMorrow44
    I'll check this out. The part going through the plate is facing to the rear which would keep the water from spraying back up the tube. I'm not sure that the ZX plate is big enough to handle that large tube. Thanks again Jim
    Yeah the speedmaster kit would not fit on a bravo. The one and only Bravo I saw with this setup had like a 2" tube instead of the 3 or 4" setup like the #6s. Again, I think this would have to be custom made if that's what you want to do. The prop is in front of the vent tube and the tube is cut to contour to the leading edge of the prop. I would definitely try switching lowers before doing a set-up like this. See if you can borrow someones if you can and try it out. Or try out your vented prop and see what happens.
    -Tom

DMOORE
    I'll bet a vented prop will take care of your problem.
    Darrell.

BADAXE
    R&R Prop Shop drilled PVS spec holes in my Bravo's with his CNC machine. So I can tailor the amount I need with the PVS plugs or plug it all together for the next owner.
    I just had him do this for me also, I just haven't had a chance to test it yet.

BADAXE
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/tcm2.jpg
    The only set up like this I have seen on a "bravo style" outdrive is on one of the Primetime ski race boats. I know there using imco drives. You might want to call Prime Marine and see if they have the answer for you.

STV_Keith
    On thing is that once on plane, the 6 drives are surfacing. I wonder if those vent hoses would be a problem for a non-surfacing Bravo?

ToMorrow44
    On thing is that once on plane, the 6 drives are surfacing. I wonder if those vent hoses would be a problem for a non-surfacing Bravo?
    I would think so that it would have some ill handling effects and that's why nobody does them with bravos. Its hard to say though because I don't know his boat or set-up or anything. I think there's other things to experiment with first before doing something that drastic.
    -Tom

Chickenlips
    I would think so that it would have some ill handling effects and that's why nobody does them with bravos. Its hard to say though because I don't know his boat or set-up or anything. I think there's other things to experiment with first before doing something that drastic.
    -Tom
    ToMorrow, The boat is a Warlock Deckboat. It has the same bottom as there XST. The boat doesn't have trim tabs, maybe that would help. Like I said it came with a Bravo-3 and a 454 Mag motor. I put in the HP-500 and the XZ drive. The drive had a Bravo-1 28 pitch, then I went to a 26 pitch, the boat still had a hard time to get on plan. so I went to the 5- blade Hydromotive 24 pitch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast