Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has smokin been on here since

SmokinLowriderSS
    My unit, the 184th Security Forces Squadron, has state disaster relief responsibilities for our home county (Sedgewick), and the 6 counties that border it, and that includes Kiowa County, whose county seat is, yep, Greenburg, which no longer exists basically.
    Greenburg used to house about 1500 people, 3 churches, 2 schools, 3 banks, a hospital, an animal hospital, 2 hotels, a John Deere dealership, every one of which are gone. About 10% of the homes aren't even rubble, they are flat slabs or empty holes in the ground that used to contain basements, and now occasionally hold a car. I've spent 4 days running security patrolls for looters, keeping the news media under some controll for decency's sake, and occasionally helping some people who are just grateful to have survived what one called "The longest 3 minuites of my life." while he admitted to being scared shitless.
    The Arrogant Ass had business keeping peoples rubble piles safe from bastards who would steal shit just so he could watch them try to dig a few things out, and trying to keep reporters fron being unwanted pests.

Moneypitt
    Well, considering the circumstances........Glad you and your's are safe and sound, my sympathies to those that lost their homes, businesses, and of course, their loved ones.......Ray

ULTRA26 # 1
    My unit, the 184th Security Forces Squadron, has state disaster relief responsibilities for our home county (Sedgewick), and the 6 counties that border it, and that includes Kiowa County, whose county seat is, yep, Greenburg, which no longer exists basically.
    Greenburg used to house about 1500 people, 3 churches, 2 schools, 3 banks, a hospital, an animal hospital, 2 hotels, a John Deere dealership, every one of which are gone. About 10% of the homes aren't even rubble, they are flat slabs or empty holes in the ground that used to contain basements, and now occasionally hold a car. I've spent 4 days running security patrolls for looters, keeping the news media under some controll for decency's sake, and occasionally helping some people who are just grateful to have survived what one called "The longest 3 minuites of my life." while he admitted to being scared shitless.
    The Arrogant Ass had business keeping peoples rubble piles safe from bastards who would steal shit just so he could watch them try to dig a few things out, and trying to keep reporters fron being unwanted pests.
    Hey guy, sounds like you've had your hands full. Glad you're OK and that you were there to help. I have to believe you're good at your job and you were needed for sure.
    John M

eliminatedsprinter
    Whoo Hoo!!
    Glad to see the AA still lives!!!
    Keep up the good work for the people of Greenburg..
    As someone who has survived a couple of natural disasters (and lost his home in one) I can tell you that what you are doing is much appreciated!!!!!

Blown 472
    Good job smokin, I am sure those folks were more then happy you were there.
    Nice to have ya back.

Old Texan
    Glad you're safe SS. Our thoughts are with the community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12