Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Njba

Fired Up
    Who was voted new President for the NJBA?

NJBA is what it is for next season..We got the one major rule change that alot of people here wanted,lets make the best of everything and go race.

Fired Up
    Don't understand...."is what it is". My ballot had two new individuals running for the position of President. Assuming since the sandbagging vote had been tallied the vote for a new President had been determined also.

My post wasn't related to your question about the president Mr. Fired up.
    To answer your question, BUSBY is the Pres.
    Fired, "Is what it is" is just an expression. If I'm not mistaken, there will not be any rule changes till Sept. So, NJBA is not going to change a whole lot next season no matter how much we bust BUSBY's balls.

Actually, I think they only talk about a potential rule change in Sept. and nothing goes into affect till the following year if it gets the number of votes needed.....?

Actually, I think they only talk about a potential rule change in Sept. and nothing goes into affect till the following year if it gets the number of votes needed.....?
    You are correct Chris ... the rules meeting is (according to the by-laws) held in the month of September for the following season. At that point, all members are invited to send in their requests to the Secretary via mail, the requests are then read allowed to all Board Members and Club members present (the meeting is open to ALL active members). If the majority of the members votes that it should be put on the November Ballot ... then it is ... but if it isn't passed ... there's always next year.
    Fired, that is what Chris was talking about when he said "it is what it is" I think, that changes have been voted on and set in stone for the 2006 season ... and yes, I was voted in as President for the 2006 season.

Bobbo541
    Brian thanks for the clarification on the rule i just asumed that anything that had to do with sandbagging rule would be eliminated.

Fired Up
    Thank you for that clarification and Congratulations on your Nomination! This is good to know. Are all meetings open to the general membership year round or only the September meeting for future rule changes?

Thank you for that clarification and Congratulations on your Nomination! This is good to know. Are all meetings open to the general membership year round or only the September meeting for future rule changes?
    Thanks ... the monthly meetings are broken down into two portions, a general meeting where the previous months meetings minutes, Treasurer's report, old business, etc. is reviewed. it then moves into new business, planning, etc. that is the portion of the meeting that is opened up to the general membership.
    During the 2nd half, is held the Officers and Board Members.
    Now, that is the structure ... not saying that it happens that way 100% of the time ... I attended a complete year while being a member and not on the Board and only had to leave once because there was an issue that was member sensitive (they had to speak of an issue with fights, etc. and didn't want to bring up the names to the general membership). 99.9% of the time the meeting is wide open and all active members are encouraged to attend.

Bobbo541, what boat do you run!! I always like hearing a flat coming into the 9.0 class. There enough of those other boats!!! Ya come on over and we'll shoot the $hit. I may try and make a couple of NJBA races, depending on what's happening at that point in the season.
    BUSBY your exactly right on the dying breed and I hope that CDBA, NJBA and IHBA can come together so we can start having boat counts and lot more competitive classes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast