Thread: Blown alky and cooling

Blown 472
    Do I need to run a radiator and water pump in my blown alky deal for drag racing?

Fiat48
    Open roadster we ran no water..no nothing. Same deal in the Fiat. But those were 7 second deals in an open car. Not sure in a door car. Might try and fill block and heads with water...limit burnouts and idle time and see how you get away with it. If not...VW Rabbit radiator or something similar might be all you need.

Blown 472
    Open roadster we ran no water..no nothing. Same deal in the Fiat. But those were 7 second deals in an open car. Not sure in a door car. Might try and fill block and heads with water...limit burnouts and idle time and see how you get away with it. If not...VW Rabbit radiator or something similar might be all you need.
    Could I use an electric pump to move the water thru the rad and motor? doesn't really need to cool just move it, say while coming back down the return road? it there a perfect temp for this motor so I dont milk the oil??

Fiat48
    Yeah an electric circulating pump (Granger has them) would work fine. 190- 200 degrees would be nice if you can control it.
    Radiator would be good especially if you drive back to the pits.

Blown 472
    Yeah an electric circulating pump (Granger has them) would work fine. 190- 200 degrees would be nice if you can control it.
    Radiator would be good especially if you drive back to the pits.
    Thank you.