Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sobriety check point at Kathrine Landing true or not true

USCFAN
    I have been stopped there and they checked everybody on the boat including Mom and Dad both over 75 ... Kinda takes the fun out of a weekend. I know its a safety issue .. but come on....
    What is the reason for testing everyone on the boat? You mean to tell me you can't drink as a passenger?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    it's not that it's the wait time. Also I'm a Parker kind of guy, a friend was asking and I said I know just the place to get the answer
    Oh, my bad!
    See you in Parker!

dumbandyoung
    I was stopped at one 2 years ago. They had 2 sea-doos with blue and red lights on them directing you to the docks where they check you. It took even longer because they made my friends brother and his buddy get off and do more testing. Which was retarded because they wernt operating anything. From when we checked into the DUI check point from when we finally got the boat on the trailer, I would say it took 2 hours. Oh and they look at you pulling into Kathrine's with binoculars, so dont even think about switching drivers if you see them.

Hallett19
    Don't drink and drive and the checkpoint will not be an issue.
    Amen

DILLIGAF
    Every year the weekend prior to Memorial they usually have a complete checkpoint. Every vessel coming in is checked. It may be this weekend though as someone told me that. It will definitly be on a Saturday. Next weekend I will be out with my GF and her friends on the water so I may have to go through it also.

dumbandyoung
    Every year the weekend prior to Memorial they usually have a complete checkpoint. Every vessel coming in is checked. It may be this weekend though as someone told me that. It will definitly be on a Saturday. Next weekend I will be out with my GF and her friends on the water so I may have to go through it also.
    Tom you gonna be up Memorial Day weekend? You down to hit Mohave or Topac on Saturday?

DILLIGAF
    I am not sure if I will be out or not but if I am my boat will be in the water at Katherines so it would be Mohave for me. I more than likely won't be going into Gasoline Ally simply because it will be too much for me to manuever thru there after it gets crowded. Possibly I would be in the back of the cove early in the AM and just hang out all day until dark. As you can tell I am not sure right now...lol
    I will be out next weekend with my gf and her friends though.

dumbandyoung
    I am not sure if I will be out or not but if I am my boat will be in the water at Katherines so it would be Mohave for me. I more than likely won't be going into Gasoline Ally simply because it will be too much for me to manuever thru there after it gets crowded. Possibly I would be in the back of the cove early in the AM and just hang out all day until dark. As you can tell I am not sure right now...lol
    I will be out next weekend with my gf and her friends though.
    Cool. Ill be up thursday thru Monday, Im bring my buddy and his gf and a few of her friends. Ill probably head down to Topac to meet some friends from Havi on Friday. I do want to hit up Mohave one of the days. Give me a call when you decide if your going or not. We can plan a day to meet up. Im definatly up for hanging around gasoline alley for the day.

DILLIGAF
    Cool. Ill be up thursday thru Monday, Im bring my buddy and his gf and a few of her friends. Ill probably head down to Topac to meet some friends from Havi on Friday. I do want to hit up Mohave one of the days. Give me a call when you decide if your going or not. We can plan a day to meet up. Im definatly up for hanging around gasoline alley for the day.
    Sounds good......

HALLETT BOY
    If it's windy, do they still conduct the checks ?? I can't see boats blowing all over the place waiting to be inspected...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast