Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Speed Bimini Top

PLACECRAFT20
    Hey guys I am picking up a new to me 22' Daytona tomorrow and I need a bimini for the family that does not look like grandpa and hopefully does not have to many mounting points. I have seen some talk on hear of a high speed bimini top. Does anyone run them and do you have info and pictures?

nodigg
    Just a suggestion but how about that sun shade umbrella dealio that you use for idling and when stopped?

PLACECRAFT20
    I thought about that. I have seen some for fishing boats that slip into the hole for the seat mount. I would have to sink a seat mount deal into the ski storage bin in between the seats. I have not seen a good free standing umbrella.

Havasu1
    I thought about that. I have seen some for fishing boats that slip into the hole for the seat mount. I would have to sink a seat mount deal into the ski storage bin in between the seats. I have not seen a good free standing umbrella.
    Anchor Shade and no hole necessary. You extend the umbrella and it has four tiedowns. You can get them at west marine or online

RiverDave
    Hey guys I am picking up a new to me 22' Daytona tomorrow and I need a bimini for the family that does not look like grandpa and hopefully does not have to many mounting points. I have seen some talk on hear of a high speed bimini top. Does anyone run them and do you have info and pictures?
    HTM used to use somebody that would make a "mesh" style bimini.. It would allow most the air to pass through it, but still provide some shade to keep things cool. Seen a few of them running with bimini's up at 80+.
    RD

Havasu Hangin'
    HTM used to use somebody that would make a "mesh" style bimini.. It would allow most the air to pass through it, but still provide some shade to keep things cool. Seen a few of them running with bimini's up at 80+.
    RD
    I used to have a mesh, but switched it out to canvas to block more sun. Now, I just have a mesh strip down the middle to help keep the thing from kiting too bad.
    A true high-speed bimini will need a stainless frame, solid mounting points (no straps), and at least some mesh. I remember a few conquest guys with those a couple years ago running 80MPH+.

JMC
    This guy does great work. http://www.kingkidcovers.com/
    Mesh bimini lets air pass through. Mine has seen 105 with no issues.

djunkie
    High speed with the bimini up no matter how its attached just does not sound like a good idea to me. Just my .02.

seanv
    i ran a full mesh with stainless on my 25daytona. i did run over 80 with no probs but, it will still kite. also, they have a big white tag that says do not exceed 55mph.
    i love the mesh but on the aodcb i went with anchor shade umbrella deal. kinda nice so far.

Sigus
    I used an Anchor shade with my 22. Worked OK in lite winds, collapsed if wind speed got much over 8 MPH.
    Have fun with the 22 it's a sweet ride with the right power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast