Thread: My first run with the new CMI's

Mike K
    I'm the guy with a 25 foot Eliminator Eagle with a 496mag.(not HO) I bought some cmi headers about 2 months ago and I finally got to use the boat. I also bought a lab finished prop from Phebus ..I think it's a 25 labbed to a 26. The boat had a 22 on it originally. Mack and Lance at Havasu Eliminator did a super clean looking install and it was difficult, they had to have pipes fabricated frm the headers to the tailpipes ... costly too. But it all looks very cool. The boat sounded a little louder and lower , but I was hoping for more sound ..I do have the Gibson tips on so that propbably muffled most of the cool sound. Anyway ... it was soooo worth it. The midrange is cool. The top end is around ... I think about 68mph .. my guess ... no gps ... It's about 8 to 10 mph faster ... which is a lot to me. The sound is major cool when you hit it from 3500 and up. My boat is now fast enough without having to do anything else ... I think this is about the most reliable setup considering the drive and engine are all stock. My cost was about $5500 for everything. It was worth it. The cool part was I was able to keep up with a lot more boats than before.

Beer-30
    Pull the Gibsons and you will really hear the improvement. Plus another 1 or 2 mph, probably.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I'm the guy with a 25 foot Eliminator Eagle with a 496mag.(not HO) I bought some cmi headers about 2 months ago and I finally got to use the boat. I also bought a lab finished prop from Phebus ..I think it's a 25 labbed to a 26. The boat had a 22 on it originally. Mack and Lance at Havasu Eliminator did a super clean looking install and it was difficult, they had to have pipes fabricated frm the headers to the tailpipes ... costly too. But it all looks very cool. The boat sounded a little louder and lower , but I was hoping for more sound ..I do have the Gibson tips on so that propbably muffled most of the cool sound. Anyway ... it was soooo worth it. The midrange is cool. The top end is around ... I think about 68mph .. my guess ... no gps ... It's about 8 to 10 mph faster ... which is a lot to me. The sound is major cool when you hit it from 3500 and up. My boat is now fast enough without having to do anything else ... I think this is about the most reliable setup considering the drive and engine are all stock. My cost was about $5500 for everything. It was worth it. The cool part was I was able to keep up with a lot more boats than before.
    Mike,
    Glad to hear you are happy with the new setup. When I did the CMI's on my 26, I was extremely happy with the results.
    John M

Pro Max
    Congrats, Thats better than me when I did my CMI's I only got abot 4-5mph, but the mid range pick up was good too. I allways wanted to try it with the stock prop and see how much difference the bottom to mid woulod have been comparing apples to apples but I never wanted to give up the top number. Now I added a Raylar so I will never know

epeagle
    lets see some pics!

IMPATIENT 1
    $5500 for everything i just built myself a blown roller alum headed 475 for @6500 including buying the blower

Beer-30
    $5500 for everything i just built myself a blown roller alum headed 475 for @6500 including buying the blower
    Yes, but you have half the boat to put it in.

Badburn
    $5500 bucks! Yikes, I should have gotten into the boat business! Glad your happy with the results. Were your stock manifolds aluminum?

Beer-30
    $5500 bucks! Yikes, I should have gotten into the boat business! Glad your happy with the results. Were your stock manifolds aluminum?
    496 mans are iron. That's another reason everyone wants new exhaust. Either tubular or alum is much lighter than stock.