Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decal removal

rvr_d8
    I have a '95 Blaster I bought just over a year ago, that had been garaged. It has factory stickers/decals that have to go! Any suggestions (beyond the blow dryer) for getting them off without burning my hands (and yes, without....wrecking my nails?!). I took off all the factory warning ones with a blow dryer and alot of nail scraping, pealing and burning fingers, and still have the design decals to go. Someone suggested brake cleaner? How? Any other suggestions out there?

Any automotive store that sells auto paint can or will get you one of these and once you've tried it you will never use anything else. It's called a eraser wheel.
    http://i15.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/8a/29/049e_1.JPG

rvr_d8
    Any automotive store that sells auto paint can or will get you one of these and once you've tried it you will never use anything else. It's called a eraser wheel.
    http://i15.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/8a/29/049e_1.JPG
    Will it scratch the plastic fenders?

Speed955
    I am sure you meant plastic right?
    I have had good results with 3M wood grain adhesive remover, I guess it was originally made to get rid of that crap on the sides of old station wagons. Another good one is a stuff called Goof Off, peel up an edge and squirt it in and will come off really easy. I took off all the emblems on my new Chevy truck (they are adhesive backed foam) with this stuff and it worked great.

brad22
    3M Adhesive Remover a heat gun and patience. Never really had any luck with the rubber eraser attachment.

RaceFace
    New plastic time

YeLLowBoaT
    I've always used a heat gun... I've heard windex works as well( not surprising as ammoina is one of the main solvents in vinyl based paint products)never tried it, so I can't say for sure.

rvr_d8
    I am sure you meant plastic right?
    I have had good results with 3M wood grain adhesive remover, I guess it was originally made to get rid of that crap on the sides of old station wagons. Another good one is a stuff called Goof Off, peel up an edge and squirt it in and will come off really easy. I took off all the emblems on my new Chevy truck (they are adhesive backed foam) with this stuff and it worked great.
    Noooo! I meant Plaster *wink*
    OMG!!!! Guess my multi tasking skills are not what they use to be!!!
    Thank you very much for the suggestions!

Will it scratch the plastic fenders?
    It worked awesome on my 4-wheeler.

RitcheyRch
    I've heard people using fishing line to get behind the sticker to pull them off. Once off you will need to use "Goo Gone" or something similar to remove what adhesive is left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast