Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decal removal

Try rubbing alcohal (sp) it works great for removing stikers from smoth serfices(sp) soak it then peal it. If not then a heat gun and a plastic scraper so you dont burn your fingers.

rvr_d8
    Try rubbing alcohal (sp) it works great for removing stikers from smoth serfices(sp) soak it then peal it. If not then a heat gun and a plastic scraper so you dont burn your fingers.
    What does (sp) mean?
    Thank you for the advice btw

What does (sp) mean?
    When someone is not sure of correct spelling they put (sp).

What does (sp) mean?
    (sp) is spelling error. I cant spell worth shiat.

When someone is not sure of correct spelling they put (sp).
    Thanks trax.

TahitiTiger
    I have always had good results with the eraser wheel, and I have stripped GSXRS, Ninjas, Ducs with no damage to the plastic. After I use the wheel I use WD40 to clean up the left over glue. WD40 will remove decals on its own too, you just need more patience with it.

rvr_d8
    I have always had good results with the eraser wheel, and I have stripped GSXRS, Ninjas, Ducs with no damage to the plastic. After I use the wheel I use WD40 to clean up the left over glue. WD40 will remove decals on its own too, you just need more patience with it.
    Believe me I had the patience. I spent a couple of hours taking off the factory labels with a blow dryer/a popscicle stick and my nails. My nails were fried, fingers burned and I was getting frustrated, but I kept going. I was just looking for a faster or easier way to finish off the design decals. Thank you for the help.

Baja Big Dog
    Use a heat gun..looks like a hair dryer, but hotter, works well on old stickers, you cant be talking about that many stickers!!!

Invisible Sun
    Be careful with the earaser wheel. It will scorch the paint/gel/plastic if you hold it in one place too long. The guy next to me used one on a Boxter and melted the paint where the emblem was. I used it on my Dodge to get all the yuck off after I removed the emblems with fishing line. It took about an hour but it looks way better.
    S (sp)

rvr_d8
    Be careful with the earaser wheel. It will scorch the paint/gel/plastic if you hold it in one place too long. The guy next to me used one on a Boxter and melted the paint where the emblem was. I used it on my Dodge to get all the yuck off after I removed the emblems with fishing line. It took about an hour but it looks way better.
    S (sp)
    Fishing line?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12