Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: holley carbs

steelcomp
    WAY overcarbed? what size carb would you use on a 416 small block mopar, street strip car that runs on pump gas?
    One more for ya, what size carb for a 340 mopar, street car on pump gas, both cars have automatic trannys.
    Btw, ditch the single carb tunnel ram, they dont work, pick up a nice dual plane intake like a stealth and try the 850 on it, if you dont like it put the 650 on it.Dude, you don't know any more about what you're talking about than he does, so give it a rest.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    How many rpm's does this motor spin??? :idea: :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    366 cubes x 5000 rpms = 1830000/3456 = 529.51cfm @ 100% Ve
    I say run a 600cfm holley on a weiand stealth or a edelbrock performer and you will be happier! Keep the tram and 850 for another project. When you find another 850, change the tram top and now you have a good setup for a larger motor for the future
    _SPitter

cfm
    If your idle mixture screws don't seem to have an effect your t-blades are probably past the transfer slots. You need to correct this if the case. Best bet is to spend $20 on 'How to Tune/Modify Holley Carbs' found at your local or online bookstore like Barnes and Noble or etc.
    Initial timing should probably be somewhere between 16-18° . You will have to play with this to see what gives best idle manners. Once this is done, change your advance mechanism so total stays the same as before, assuming that was done correctly.
    ======================
    BTW:
    You did not give us much of an idea what is wrong with your idle.
    Always make sure their is good compression in all cylinders, no vacuum leaks, cracked/worn/improper plugs, and so on and so forth.

Blown 472
    Dude, you don't know any more about what you're talking about than he does, so give it a rest.
    OH thats right you are the great engine builder and tuner. Sorry oh great one.

SmokinLowriderSS
    WAY overcarbed? what size carb would you use on a 416 small block mopar, street strip car that runs on pump gas?
    One more for ya, what size carb for a 340 mopar, street car on pump gas, both cars have automatic trannys.
    Whatever this may have to do with Charlie's 366, I sure as hell wouldn't run an 850 on them, unless you are turning them 8-grand, let alone on a TR, let alone on a single 4v plate on top of the TR.
    Both would run fine with a 650.
    You are excused now blown.

Blown 472
    Whatever this may have to do with Charlie's 366, I sure as hell wouldn't run an 850 on them, unless you are turning them 8-grand, let alone on a TR, let alone on a single 4v plate on top of the TR.
    Both would run fine with a 650.
    You are excused now blown.
    Answer the questions, both you and supercomp.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I did, your reading comprehension is too low to register it tho.

creepingcharlie
    [QUOTE=cfm;2558300]BTW:
    the problem is that the idle revs up and down and eventually loads up and dies. I check the plugs and they are black. That tells me there to mush fuel. When trying to time it the mark jumps all over the place so I try to set as good as I can. I know now that the comb is way off. So now I will be looking for a different intake for it and puting the 650 on and going from there, unless you think that I can get this combo to work.

Blown 472
    BTW:
    the problem is that the idle revs up and down and eventually loads up and dies. I check the plugs and they are black. That tells me there to mush fuel. When trying to time it the mark jumps all over the place so I try to set as good as I can. I know now that the comb is way off. So now I will be looking for a different intake for it and puting the 650 on and going from there, unless you think that I can get this combo to work.
    Make sure you dont have a broken spring or something in your dizzy that is making the mark jump around. Get a different intake you will be much happier, also make sure you dont have a blown power valve or something else that might be dumping fuel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast