Thread: Injector on Ebay

78Eliminator
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JACKS...4QQihZ010QQite mZ200109279839QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Moneypitt
    Those are a little weak in the flow department. 2.5 throttle bores are smaller than the Crower 2.9 and the Crowers are rated at 1300 cfm....They are rare for sure, and would make a nice "period" correct show piece, but if you're looking for max performance these aren't for you........MP

WannabeRacing
    Of all the sets on eBay over the last month or so, this is probably the set I would like the least.
    But there is probably someone out there who wants them.

78Eliminator
    Yeah, I just noticed it and thought I would pass it along. Not the best piece in the world, but who knows what a guy might be looking for.

CircleJerk
    Well, the guy is right! One of the rarest ever, I think. The 9 cast pieces were so expensive to build machine and assemble that they could not make money and compete with Hilborn so were discontinued early into production. What they may lack on the top end for big cubes, they more than compensate with gobs of TORQUE. Wannabe, you know what boats like????sure you do. Our 2100 lb Nostalgia funny car ran 7.22 at 198 with this style injector on alcohol and anyone who has owned one in the past wants one back! I did and do!

FlatRat
    Well, the guy is right! One of the rarest ever, I think. The 9 cast pieces were so expensive to build machine and assemble that they could not make money and compete with Hilborn so were discontinued early into production. What they may lack on the top end for big cubes, they more than compensate with gobs of TORQUE. Wannabe, you know what boats like????sure you do. Our 2100 lb Nostalgia funny car ran 7.22 at 198 with this style injector on alcohol and anyone who has owned one in the past wants one back! I did and do!
    Well,
    let's do something with it.:idea:

DUECE'SDAD
    Id have it !!!

WannabeRacing
    *Class is in session*
    I am man enough to admit it. I am wrong. Dead wrong.
    I have no idea what boats like! Not a clue! Probably never will. You ever seen a boat of mine run? Nope. No one on this board ever has.
    I have no idea how to make horsepower.
    I have not a clue.
    The computers say to make a car with the frontal area of a new and slippery funny car and weigh 2100 pounds to go 198 MPH in the quarter takes 1272 horsepower at the wheels. If that was a converter car with a floater rear, then we are talking 1500+ at the flywheel. In a million years I could never make 1500 horsepower with those injectors on straight alcohol. Or even with standard chevy heads.
    I am just going to keep plugging along with what I do and know there are guys that will always do what I do, but much better. And you are one of them.
    Heck. I couldn't make 1500 with these injectors.
    http://www.racingjunk.com/post/85815...RCE2-drce.html

CircleJerk
    Ah come on now, I'm a jerk and you are a likeable wannabe boat person, remember? and I exagerated a tad. The 8o something Mckraken corvette only ran 189 and we had a dual disc clutch with a little nitro in the tank (how much maybe 15%), so chin up dude. But these injectors are special but maybe only to me, so consider the source. You are right, Big tubes are for drag racing with big rrrrs and I on the other hand am a small jerk swimming up stream with a Salvation Army used life jacket! Dont take it personal,,,,,Have a good day (try). jErKizOid

CircleJerk
    Dart heads, 526 cubes, now you know the rest of the story,,,tweak tweak