Thread: WANTED: Chrysler Hemi V-Drive oil pan

Billdoe
    was just down at the place building my motor and a guy brought his V-Drive in with a 331 Hemi in it and said he had metal shavings in the Oil when he changed it after they pulled the motor out of boat at the shop i noticed the oil pan is a Automobile style pan (rear Sump pan) i asked him how long he ran with the pan like that and he said 1 maybe 2 years and was a recently rebuilt motor at that time .... i mentioned to him your motor might last longer with a v-drive pan instead .. was kinda funny there were 2 patched spots on the pan where it could have thrown a rod before (i wonder why) lol anyway Anyone have a used or new Chrysler Hemi 331 Oil pan they want to get rid of?

Kindsvater Flat
    331 is the little hemi isn't it? Seems like that might be an odd ball. You might be building him a pan.

Billdoe
    331 is the little hemi isn't it? Seems like that might be an odd ball. You might be building him a pan.
    yes its the small hemi punched out to 356 . im not making him a Pan he can make one himself .. thats beyond my capability.. i just told him that i can find him one if there is one out there .. ive done some searching and noticed Dooley doesnt list a hemi smaller then the 426 so if anyone has any info on where to get a new one or even better a used one let me know thanks , Bill

This fellow's fairly handy at building a high quality pan
    http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/flats/1624/

Billdoe
    thanks for the link to that website ... i called and left a message so we'll see ... thanks again , Bill