Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You learn something new every day.....

DUCKY
    Recently, a customer (who is a member here) paid for my services with a check drawn on his girlfriend's account. Since she was present, I didn't really think anything of it. The check has now been returned twice for non-sufficient funds, and the customer refuses to make it right (now claiming that over two weeks later, he is unhappy with my work....).
    So I contacted the County Attorney's Bad check program yesterday, and was informed that since the girlfriend didn't receive any goods, products, or services from me, that they will not prosecute the matter, and I would need to sue.
    Gotta love the law....Designed to protect the criminals!
    I am going to leave the person un-named, since legal action is pending, and I don't want to start an online pissing match.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
    :jawdrop: did she sign the check?
    to me if she signed then she pays.

little rowe boat
    I wish you would make the name public, so we could humiliate and shame him into paying up.

reDECKulous
    don't dry hump us... we need a name

riverbound
    Recently, a customer (who is a member here) paid for my services with a check drawn on his girlfriend's account. Since she was present, I didn't really think anything of it. The check has now been returned twice for non-sufficient funds, and the customer refuses to make it right (now claiming that over two weeks later, he is unhappy with my work....).
    So I contacted the County Attorney's Bad check program yesterday, and was informed that since the girlfriend didn't receive any goods, products, or services from me, that they will not prosecute the matter, and I would need to sue.
    Gotta love the law....Designed to protect the criminals!
    I am going to leave the person un-named, since legal action is pending, and I don't want to start an online pissing match.....
    That sucks...gotta love the fact that there are POS members of our community As soon as the legal stuff is over it would be nice if you dropped a name so the rest of us know who to avoid when it comes to doing any sort of business transaction.

BrendellaJet
    Ducky, Lets get this over with. Out the member so we know not to deal with him and his chicken shit girlfriend. He can post pics of the work and why he isn't paying.
    What a bitch he must be...

MADDOG355
    I work at a small shop in TN and was unaware of a loophole like that but will look into that. We do alot of work for the military and they always have their buddy or girlfriend come pick up there stuff.

riverbound
    I wish you would make the name public, so we could humiliate and shame him into paying up.
    If this person is anyhting like Squirtin Thunder he wont pay.....and the guy has no shame to begin with. But its at least good to let future victims know about it.

BrendellaJet
    If this person is anyhting like Squirtin Thunder he wont pay.....and the guy has no shame to begin with. But its at least good to let future victims know about it.
    True, but atleast he's not whoring himself out any more.

riverbound
    I was unaware fo the loophole...but I do remember when I was doing stereos if a customer came in ad someone else was paying I would always rewrite the invoice to reflect the name of the person paying. I still think its wrong though.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast