Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: You learn something new every day.....

RiverDave
    Recently, a customer (who is a member here) paid for my services with a check drawn on his girlfriend's account. Since she was present, I didn't really think anything of it. The check has now been returned twice for non-sufficient funds, and the customer refuses to make it right (now claiming that over two weeks later, he is unhappy with my work....).
    So I contacted the County Attorney's Bad check program yesterday, and was informed that since the girlfriend didn't receive any goods, products, or services from me, that they will not prosecute the matter, and I would need to sue.
    Gotta love the law....Designed to protect the criminals!
    I am going to leave the person un-named, since legal action is pending, and I don't want to start an online pissing match.....
    What did he claim was wrong with the work? (Two weeks later?)
    Can you potentially put a lien hold on his boat?
    RD

Kilrtoy
    starting this thread and not giving up the name is like
    getting a hand job with 20 grit sandpaper

riverbound
    True, but atleast he's not whoring himself out any more.
    ....on this site, there are plenty of other sites around. but I will stay diligent on that POS

RiverDave
    ....on this site, there are plenty of other sites around. but I will stay diligent on that POS
    Way to keep up the good fight Bill.
    RD

Phat Matt
    Who even writes checks anymore besides my grandma?

riverratrob
    That shit pisses me off I cant count how many times that happens to me but I always get paid send them a letter stating that the d.a. has been notified and you are going to press fruad charges punishable up to 6 months .I got them knockin my door's down to pay up for bad check plus a litte vig

Ziggy
    I use a check gaurentee company.....so if a check bounces they will pay it and the company goes and attempts to collect from the check writer...costs about the same as a credit card fee. Has saved my butt a few times.
    So many dishonest people with lame excuses.

76ANTHONY
    Who even writes checks anymore besides my grandma?
    this is kinda what i was thinking
    ducky that sucks azz, sorry ta hear about this kinda shiat.....hope ya get em

RitcheyRch
    Hate hearing about scam artists. If he didnt like the work he should have complained immediately to you.
    Post the name. That will get you your money. Actually surprised they trying to stiff you fort he money knowing how tight nit this community is

superdave013
    Someone told me to always have the person that signs the check/credit card slip also sign a bill of lading. I guess this the reason why. I'll have to tighten up on that myself.
    Sorry to hear you got burnt.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast