Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat Cop Question

slowinhavasu
    Say a guy quit drinking while driving his boat, but likes the taste of beer. So he drinks ,say 8-12 O'douls during the span of his day.200lb+ guy.
    Then gets in some kind of collision , would there be enough alchohol in his blood to be considered "impaired".
    Trying to be safe, I'd be pissed if I went to all this work to be safe and still had a problem !!!! Thanks....c

rivergoer
    fawk it!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,naw play it safe man drink real beer......hahahaha..just kidding dont listen to me..hahahaha

Chubby4Life
    Say a guy quit drinking while driving his boat, but likes the taste of beer. So he drinks ,say 8-12 O'douls during the span of his day.200lb+ guy.
    Then gets in some kind of collision , would there be enough alchohol in his blood to be considered "impaired".
    Trying to be safe, I'd be pissed if I went to all this work to be safe and still had a problem !!!! Thanks....c
    I wonder the same thing. I drink Odoul's on my driving day. (Wife and I alternate). I don't worry about accident's but more so about driving with it in my hand or my cup holder.

dicudmore
    I STRONGLY recommend not hitting anything to find out

slowinhavasu
    I STRONGLY recommend not hitting anything to find out
    THANKS for that Dan....

dicudmore
    THANKS for that Dan....
    just a friendly reminder I'm also available as a DD anytime you need it

dicudmore
    What the heck happened to that beautiful Ultra?
    sold it to a friend at work and went east coast

juicy noodle
    You should not be impaired by consuming the non alcoholic beers. Since I'm also a LEO like boat cop, I would tend to say most LEOs should see your not impaired if anything were to happen or stopped.
    If your did fail all sobriety tests, I think you would have an excellent lawsuit against beer company...LOL

C-2
    I too pondered that question, but said fuggit, I'll just stop drinking all together. Gotta tell ya - not having a hangover *nice*. Don't miss them at all.
    O Douls Dark is good....Klausthauler is actually really good, if you can find it on the shelf. Shiat disappears like the blow dryer at DCB. I took some to a Xmas party and laughed when I saw other guys smacking them down, one after another. I think the St Pauli Girl is also surprisingly good, or ot could be Becks, one of them is good.
    Congrats on stepping up!

Boatcop
    O'Douls has less than .5% alcohol content. If you drank 10 of them, you'd have consumed approx the same amount of alcohol as in 1 regular 12 OZ beer.
    1 12 OZ beer in 1 hour would cause a 200 lb man to have .02% BAC. In that same hour, the body would burn .015% of that alcohol. Meaning a net BAC of .005%
    Now that's from drinking 10 O'Douls in one hour. Spread those out over several hours, and you'll be burning any alcohol in your system as you go, so there would be little chance of having ANY measurable alcohol in your system.
    Even if you drank 25 O'Douls in an hour, your BAC would only be .035%, well below any level that could be used for prosecution, or be considered "Impaired".
    The law says that below .05% you are presumed NOT Impaired. .05% - .08% there is no presumption either way of Impairment, absent additional evidence. Above .08% the law presumes that you ARE Impaired.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast