Thread: Kindsvater resto question

Riverhound
    A couple years ago I found my dads old 1963 18 ft Kindsvater circle boat sitting in a backyard in Ontario Ca. I got the boat back with the intent of restoring it with my dad. Well it finally looks like it's time to start this project. One major problem is the floor is delaminated and the stringers are not in good shape. Any sugestions on shops that could do such work in the so.cal or Las Vegas area. I'm concerned that some goon may ruin the boat if he starts cutting the floor apart.
    Thanks in advance
    River

Kindsvater Flat
    Cool another Kindsvater flat!!! I would talk to the one and only person. He would direct you in the right direction.
    Harold Kindsvater
    harold@kindsvater.net
    (559)299-2328
    He is a very nice person to talk to. He doesn't build boats anymore and doesn't have anymore emblems but could give you some suggestions on who to take it to. One of them is in Clovis,(Fresno).
    Fiberglass Unlimitd
    (559)299-8826
    ps Post some pics

superdave013
    Havasu Barney did a ton of glass work on my boat. Then he re did the gel coat. Came out real nice.
    Havasu Barney
    1960 Commander Drive #106
    Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
    928-505-8678

Itsahobby
    It's a drive but the guy does great work and he
    mainly does resto's. You can check out his work
    at http://www.raysoncraft.com.
    DeFir Marine
    Jerry

Itsahobby
    oops, that's http://www.raysoncraftboats.com
    Jerry

coolchange
    I participated in a job like that once. Lot of work but doable(?). Joes tooling in Sun Valley could do it.

BK boat repair in Bellflower...562 925 7111.
    Kennys been in biz for 35-40 years. At any given time there will be 5 or 6 flatties and old race boats being restored there. Hell, even Nick Barron sent his wood deck flattie there to have the glass work done recently.
    Kennys a member of the Classic V-Drive club too.

Riverhound
    Thanks for all the recomendations it will certainly give me a place to start. I'm sure as this project progresses I will look to you guys for more direction. Thanks again
    Kindsvater Flat, I will try to gets some pics up soon.

Riverhound
    Need some more help here guys. Looking for the March 1964 issue of Boating News magazine. The boats name was "Tireless Tiger" # U-70 and was originally owned by George Bunker and Elliot Olds. It was also the 2nd place boat in the 1964 Parker 9 hour. This boat was featured in the March 1964 issue as well as several of Kindvaters sales Ad's. My Dad was 3rd owner of this boat so it had changed a little bit when we got it. We believe we have all of the original hardware except the motor. We would like as much documentation as possible of the boats history so we can try and preserve it.
    Thanks again for any help.
    River
    Ps, Anyone happen to have a Mercury Marauder engine sitting around.