Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How much HP do you think this engine makes?

BrendellaJet
    Just to clarify the plate you guys are looking at is called a ride plate. Cav plates are typically found on V drives & are generally adjustable. Some jet boats have had them and the word is that this particular hull responds well to the cav plate setup. My Brendella has the recess for the plates from the mold so I will likely be performing this mod next winter.

78Centurion
    Just to clarify the plate you guys are looking at is called a ride plate. Cav plates are typically found on V drives & are generally adjustable. Some jet boats have had them and the word is that this particular hull responds well to the cav plate setup. My Brendella has the recess for the plates from the mold so I will likely be performing this mod next winter.
    The Cav plate in attached pic is what your talking about right? I plan on doing them like in the picture down the road. It looks like an easy Mod, but where to exactly place them I dont know???

BrendellaJet
    The Cav plate in attached pic is what your talking about right? I plan on doing them like in the picture down the road. It looks like an easy Mod, but where to exactly place them I dont know???
    That is a fixed plate, A little different than the cav plate. Picture that plate capable of adjustment from the drivers seat.
    We have the same hull. Other Brendella's & Hondos Ive seen with this bottom had these recesses built in:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...12100_0598.JPG
    Here is a pic of the Hurry Round Hondo(same hull as the Brendella Bubble Deck, Centurion etc)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...64IMG_0854.JPG
    The outer plates are adjustable using the pedals-it looks like they are adjusted separately-would need a hand throttle.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...64IMG_0855.JPG
    Another shot:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...64IMG_0856.JPG
    If Jet Novice see the pictures I posted of his boat, hopefully He can get us a pic of the inside looking at the linkage/hardware connections at the transom
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...64IMG_0855.JPG

78Centurion
    Nice!
    I wonder if there is a easy way to adjust them without all the hardware?
    I think a fixed (like the one I showed you) or something more basic in setup would be good for my use.

BrendellaJet
    Nice!
    I wonder if there is a easy way to adjust them without all the hardware?
    I think a fixed (like the one I showed you) or something more basic in setup would be good for my use.
    Why do you want them? Your hull should not need unless something is wrong. Do you have a place diverter?
    I have seen systems with the locking hand control- lock in place at desired setting, and use the foot control as an override. There is a way to eliminate one of the pedals...Just have to tie both sides together- a little more difficult to do with a jet, but not impossible.

BrendellaJet
    Before bolting a set of fixed plates to the back of your boat, buy a place diverter. A little pricey, but once you have it you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

78Centurion
    Before bolting a set of fixed plates to the back of your boat, buy a place diverter. A little pricey, but once you have it you will wonder how you ever lived without it.
    Thats the plan. Rebuilt my pump first then the diverter.

watergun4u
    [QUOTE=suckin&pumpin;2584794]
    See Pic.
    I just wanted to let you know, that the plate on the back is a ride plate, cav plate are automaticly adjusted, a ride plate is adjusted by you and two wrenches, So 78centurion, what you need to do if your boat is porposing, you need to set the plate down, and that will inturn, push the nose down, But I am not understanding, why you want the nose to ride so low, it is best to get at least 3/4 of the boat out of the water and not be so sucked in, when it rides highier in the nose, it is so much a better ride, and will give you more mph, as well as rpm's, I am just putting in my .02 cents as I have built many jets and i/o's, I have built custom boats for over 26 years, So I have alittle insite on this, as far as your impeller size an A impeller is a good impeller up to about 450hp, anymore then that you can have major pump failure, as a pump set up from the factory is set up somewhat tight in the clearences,that more then 450hp, you stand a good chance of blowing up your pump. now if you where to go to an a/b cut impeller, and set the clearences up alittle loser, by maybe a couple of tho on each side. you will stand alot better chance of not blowing up your pump, I dont remember if you are running a diverter on not ,but if not that would help you control the ride of the boat, as far as being able to trim it out for the condision of the water, but the just my opinion, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a email, or send me a post! email, boatdawgo@aol.com

78Centurion
    A pic of my bottom. I resealed with marine Epoxy around the intake.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234