Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much HP do you think this engine makes?

daddy b
    My long lost family! I thought I was the only one
    1978 CENTURION
    Well, you know what they say.... you can't always pick your family.:squiggle:
    I run a aggressor A, I like it but have no speed or tach for numbers, good mid range pull.

78Centurion
    I got the plate from a friend who had it in his garage, I have had a hard time finding out anything about old centurion except that they started in 1978 but my title says 1976 but first sold in 1977. I have pics but cant figure out how to post em LOL not good with computers more of a outdoor type.
    Does the Cav plates look like this one in pic?
    Just click Manage attachments and then Browse.

suckin&pumpin
    Does the Cav plates look like this one in pic?
    Just click Manage attachments and then Browse.
    I only have the center plate but yes looks the same, and even though I am pretty much still a stock 460 the nose doesn't rise more than a foot.
    My old sleekcraft, you would have to damn near stand up :P

78Centurion
    I only have the center plate but yes looks the same, and even though I am pretty much still a stock 460 the nose doesn't rise more than a foot.
    My old sleekcraft, you would have to damn near stand up :P
    OK....... I thought you had more than the center plate. I have a short center plate also. Some thing is wrong with my setup.

suckin&pumpin
    [QUOTE=78Centurion;2584748]OK....... I thought you had more than the center plate. I have a short center plate also. Some thing is wrong with my setup.[/QUOTE
    Do you have that narrow "bat-wing" rear?

daddy b
    Is your ride plate set too high, my boat will also ride very flat with just a bit down to the plate. I brought it up to ride better in heavy waves but it still does not come up much and takes a perfect set. Maybe the motor was put back in too far back. Measure from the back of engine to the transome.

78Centurion
    [QUOTE=78Centurion;2584748]OK....... I thought you had more than the center plate. I have a short center plate also. Some thing is wrong with my setup.[/QUOTE
    Do you have that narrow "bat-wing" rear?
    See Pic.

daddy b
    If the back looks like this, these boats are known for running a bit wet most of the time. Take a look at the bottom straight on and see if the plate is up or down, hard to see in your pic but if it is up, it will ride high until it gets moving.

suckin&pumpin
    I have a jacuzzi, great f^&n design!

78Centurion
    Is your ride plate set too high, my boat will also ride very flat with just a bit down to the plate. I brought it up to ride better in heavy waves but it still does not come up much and takes a perfect set. Maybe the motor was put back in too far back. Measure from the back of engine to the transome.
    I will check the engine mount to transome since I took the engine out.
    But Get this!
    I Just got done splitting open the pump tonight. :sqeyes: The A impeller is cracked and missing pieces. I think I got luck by not having it explode on me. The cavitation has to be from the holes in the impeller. The bowls damaged also from the pieces being slammed out.
    I was still doing 69MPH with this thing..............

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast