Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Pump Instalation How To

rockitddman
    I HAVE A MAGNAFLOW CAM DRIVEN WATER PUMP .HOW DO I PUT THE KEY ON THE TIMING CHAIN?DO I JUST LOOSEN THE CHAIN AND JUST BOLT IT ON?

ColeTR2
    If I remember right you need to have a plate that bolts on to the timing chain gear. You will need to buy it, I don't think one comes with the pump. The bolts go through the plate and then through the gear into the end of the cam. In the center of the plate is here the pump plugs into.

GofastRacer
    What "key" are you talking about???, you should have a drive spud(hex or flat) that comes with the pump and it bolts to the end of the cam along with the timing gear, just make sure the pump don't bottom out on the drive to bind the cam!..

What "key" are you talking about???, you should have a drive spud(hex or flat) that comes with the pump and it bolts to the end of the cam along with the timing gear, just make sure the pump don't bottom out on the drive to bind the cam!..
    What Art said ....Steve

Actually the pump drive comes with the timing cover (must match cover [length]) not the pump. We also sell them separately if you need. Just specify for what cover, (MK 4, Gen 5, 6 etc.).

Unchained
    Is there any way to stack this fuel pump,
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20fuelpump.jpg
    On top of this water pump,
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0waterpump.jpg
    So you can run them both from the cam drive ?
    I took the cap off the top of the water pump and it looks like the shaft can pass right through it. Then it would have to switch to a hex drive.

ColeTR2
    you should have a drive spud(hex or flat) that comes with the pump and it bolts to the end of the cam along with the timing gear,
    Drive Spud ?? thanks Art didn't know the name of it! so I call it a plate

superdave013
    did unchained get a v drive?
    I've never seen anyone stack anything on the end of a magnaflow pump before. Not sayin it can't or hasn't been done. Mike Kuhl makes a water pump just for doing that but it fits a cover / drive set up for a fuel injector pump. You could bore out that timing chain cover and drill and tap some holes I guess.

Unchained
    did unchained get a v drive?
    I've never seen anyone stack anything on the end of a magnaflow pump before. Not sayin it can't or hasn't been done. Mike Kuhl makes a water pump just for doing that but it fits a cover / drive set up for a fuel injector pump. You could bore out that timing chain cover and drill and tap some holes I guess.
    I just got this beauty that came up on the spam page a couple weeks ago,
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...navdrivelr.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ckleforks2.jpg
    I was just pondering on how I could drive the fuel pump and the water pump both off the cam. It would make for a real clean setup.
    I think i've got the right cover on there now and there's an Enderle 80a pump on it.
    There's a keyed shaft driving the water pump and a 3/8 hex driving the fuel pump.

You can do it with a Kuhl or Braaksma water pump and drive the fuel pump off the front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast