Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Pointers Please

ck7684
    Looks pretty good in that picture...it blends nicely right where there is a curve in the cowl induction scoop...
    I like that grill with the 454 emblem It would be cool to make a carb tray that seals up to the bottom of that...

CVX20
    Looks pretty good in that picture...it blends nicely right where there is a curve in the cowl induction scoop...
    I like that grill with the 454 emblem It would be cool to make a carb tray that seals up to the bottom of that...
    Thanks CK!
    Good idea so a carb tray it is!

CVX20
    Started to mold the ridge on the cowl scoop into the ridge on the deck today. Starting to take shape but has a ways to go before it's finished
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Project008.jpg

CVX20
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ter/KODIAK.jpg
    I wanted to find a better flowing exhaust system than the log manifolds. It's a closed engine boat so I can't run round tube or water injected headers. I got this set of new take off Kodiak High Performance mamifolds on Ebay. They arn't as good as Stainless Marine or the Thunder manifolds but I think they will be way better than the Glenwood logs. The price was really good at $600, they sell new for about $1.300. HOPE THEY CLEAR THE ENGINE HATCH!!

CVX20
    Just got my manifolds in the mail. Sweet...... they look like brand new. Don't know what's up with the Ford blue powder coat. Also picked up a few vintage nick-nacks this week that I plan to use. Pics to follow if they work out for me

sawtooth
    I tip my hat to you, you are my new hero. The work you are doing looks fantastic. I have started a project like yours with removing a sub floor and the full length stringers in my 21' crusier and when I get to the point your at I hope mine looks 1/2 as good. Please keep the pics/info comming so I can use them for insperation/motavation (sp).
    Chris.

CVX20
    I tip my hat to you, you are my new hero. The work you are doing looks fantastic. I have started a project like yours with removing a sub floor and the full length stringers in my 21' crusier and when I get to the point your at I hope mine looks 1/2 as good. Please keep the pics/info comming so I can use them for insperation/motavation (sp).
    Chris.
    Sawtooth!!
    My buddy Gus or 175checkmate over on www.checkmate-boats.com is rebuilding his 1970's trimate II for the second time. I look at his rebuild pics from time to time to keep me inspired to work on my ride. Show us some shots of your project some time Chris.
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Fred

CVX20
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...er/382a_11.jpg
    I picked up this vintage air cleaner last week. I'm told it's a JC Whitney part from the 1960's. I think it's kind of cool and seems to be a lil rare. I have seen only one like it before so it may just end up on the jet boat. Keep it old school :chi:

CVX20
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...er/boat004.jpg
    Ok I found a K&N element that works with my old air cleaner. It's an inch taller than the paper filter that came with it. I hope the taller K&N will flow enough to keep an 850 holley well fed. I like the old school looks of the thing so I hope it works out.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast