Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a lake.....

SweetPea
    My V-drive WILL be done this August and we are taking a family trip out. We are wanting to go no farther then Central California and the "river" is not an option this time. I need help or any advice on California lakes that won't sink my v-drive. Needs to be kid friendly and RV friendly. I've checked out Bass Lake and really didn't see much for RV camping. Lake San Antonio seems to be the next one to check out. Any HELP would be awesome. Thanks Guys!!

Pheelin Phroggy
    Lake San Antonio is pretty nice as far as RV and family friendly... not to big, so should be fine for your V-Drive. The family should definately enjoy it there.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    My V-drive WILL be done this August and we are taking a family trip out. We are wanting to go no farther then Central California and the "river" is not an option this time. I need help or any advice on California lakes that won't sink my v-drive. Needs to be kid friendly and RV friendly. I've checked out Bass Lake and really didn't see much for RV camping. Lake San Antonio seems to be the next one to check out. Any HELP would be awesome. Thanks Guys!!
    Sounds like you sunk a boat, what happened?

SweetPea
    LOL.... NO i didn't sink my boat. My dad is 'V-drive' and we are restoring it. We are coming along quite well and I'm hoping the new birthdate will be in July 07. I often think about the possiblities of sinking the boat once we're all done and I'm out there all by my lonesome self, but that's just my mind thinkin the worse.

v-drive
    Sounds like you sunk a boat, what happened?
    That would be me that almost sank it. I was on canyon lake in az when some moron in his 30 footer didn't see,or didn't care how he came across my bow. I couldn't get it started quick enough to get out of his way. I got it started and limped close to shore where I was able to turn on the bilge pump. Moral of the story is to put a bilge pump switch on dash. :coffeycup v-drive

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    That would be me that almost sank it. I was on canyon lake in az when some moron in his 30 footer didn't see,or didn't care how he came across my bow. I couldn't get it started quick enough to get out of his way. I got it started and limped close to shore where I was able to turn on the bilge pump. Moral of the story is to put a bilge pump switch on dash. :coffeycup v-drive
    LOL.... NO i didn't sink my boat. My dad is 'V-drive' and we are restoring it. We are coming along quite well and I'm hoping the new birthdate will be in July 07. I often think about the possiblities of sinking the boat once we're all done and I'm out there all by my lonesome self, but that's just my mind thinkin the worse.
    Ok, I get it...
    I like to run a bilge pump and a splash guard and I value the splash guard more. A supersoaker works great too for quick draining.
    Have you tried Big River? San Antonio gets a little rough on weekends but its not too bad.

SweetPea
    Big River looks pretty cool, but they are booked. I've gotta make reservations this year for next year. I'm gonna keep lookin. I'm looking forward to Parker too!

jh4rt
    Lake San Antonio is great. It gets hot. Are you going to leave the boat in the water or pull it out each night?
    North Shore is rough/dirty near the water, but fun. South shore is a bit more of a drive, but campgrounds are amazing. The marina there has slips if you want to leave the boat in the water. On the North Shore, you can leave the boat in the water anchored in front of your RV/Camp.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Big River looks pretty cool, but they are booked. I've gotta make reservations this year for next year. I'm gonna keep lookin. I'm looking forward to Parker too!
    Did you sign up for Irvine lake fathers day weekend? You can camp there too.

Marty Gras
    How about a couple of inner tubes under the deck? 3 or 4 along with a "capped rail" would give you plenty of nose to hook onto.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast