Thread: Took The Boat Out...

Jetaholic
    ...yesterday for the leak check. No leaks and the pump is working great. At idle I can't even put my hand behind the nozzle that pump moves so much water.
    First we ran it on the trailer. Backed it in the water...had water coming into the boat, so I pulled it out. Forgot to close the garden hose fitting valve. Closed it.
    Backed it in the second time...water coming in. Oh shit...forgot to tighten down the hand hole cleanout cover. Tightened it, then backed it in again...no leaks.
    Ran it for a bit on the trailer and she seemed to be doing good, so we took her off the trailer. Now mind you, I still don't have any seats in this thing, so we just idled to the end of the no wake zone. Once we got there I thought "Fock it..I just have to do it." One hand on the wheel, the other reaching back to the throttle linkage...
    I didn't go that fast, but I got her moving pretty good for a few seconds. From what I can tell this thing definitely pulls a lot harder than it did.
    Now for you Jet-A-Way experts...at idle only it seems to make some kind of a wierd noise. I almost wanna say like it's some sort of a knock but not quite. The only assumption I can come up with is that at idle the pump tries to spin ahead of the engine due to its own momentum since the engine is spinning only 1,000 RPMs. Off idle it goes away. Any ideas on this?
    All in all everything on this boat works. This was the first time this boat has seen water since I tore it down...and everything works.

zudnic
    Cool... Did yeah get pics? Bet you cant wait to get seats installed. The whole just have to take a spin is predictable classic... If I let any guy drive my car their foot will touch the floor at least once!!!!!

Duane HTP
    If you have much of a cam, it can rattle the drive at idle. Try idling it at about 1100 or 1200 rpm and see what happens. Good Luck!

Jetaholic
    As a matter of fact Duane, I have your cam.
    280 Int/Exh seat-seat
    232 Int/Exh .050
    .549 lift (running a 1.7 rocker ratio)
    Hydraulic flat tappet
    60* overlap seat to seat
    12* .050 overlap

FuelInMyVeins82
    you check to make sure there is enough gear oil?

Jetaholic
    I had just put gear oil in it before I took it out.

W.O.T
    my driveline rattles a little at idle. i have a pretty big cam though. i just put new u joints in thinking it was that.