Thread: Chocolate milkshake for Memorial Day?

kmcousins
    Took the boat out for the day got half way across the lake and had a chocolate milkshake puoring out of both sides of my oil breathers on my valve covers. What to do now?

67weimann
    Leakdown... blown head gasket or cracked block. Leak it down to narrow your search for the problem. I just cracked my block a week ago. Milkshake is never good. Hopefully it's only a head gasket. What motor, exhaust you running?

kmcousins
    It's a 455 olds and running over the top headers.

n8dawg
    pull the heads and check your head gaskets. I ran into this problem twice with my olds. The first time it happened was because of running wide open with a heavy load in the boat....blown head gasket. The second itme my boat was running hot so I opened up my gate valve all the way ....blew the gaskets that time too . Now the motor has been running fine for a couple of years now.
    What was the motor doing and more importanly what were you doing before it started spitting out oil?

biggraypig
    Mine was cracked when I got it (Not a pretty sight). Done the same thing water out of the valve covers. Hope it is just a head gasket. Maybee you will get lucky. Hope so.
    Don't ever think the freeze plugs will work.

patrolman808
    My headers milked mine down last weekend. Are you running water through your headers?

LuckyDaze
    My headers did the same thing and put water into my engine. I made some reducers for the headers and haven't had a problem yet.
    ~Brian