Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: center steer or left hand steer?????

blue wonder
    whos ran there boat both ways???...what are you running...how much of a difference did you see???

Duane HTP
    At 60 mph, it don't make much difference. At 120 mph, it makes a lot of difference. Lake boats go left. Race boats go center.

NELSON#109
    At 60 mph, it don't make much difference. At 120 mph, it makes a lot of difference. Lake boats go left. Race boats go center.
    i got a friend, goes by "big gay chris". ive been tryin to tell him the same thing....

blue wonder
    well than mine running 125 must need it then...tommy always told me 3 tenths and 5-7 mph difference...i was just wanting to hear from someone who has ran there boat both ways to see what they have gained or lossed.

djdtpr
    Why dont you ask a good question like is it better to drink a twelver the night before or a thirty pack? If you put the seat in the middle where does the ice chest and the old lady ride? Oh i forgot Big D got his boat running so all you need to worry about is the ice chest.
    Nelson when are we gonna hit the river?

blue wonder
    Why dont you ask a good question like is it better to drink a twelver the night before or a thirty pack? If you put the seat in the middle where does the ice chest and the old lady ride? Oh i forgot Big D got his boat running so all you need to worry about is the ice chest.
    Nelson when are we gonna hit the river?
    well for the 4th the old lady is either riding with someone else or not at all because i already converted it over!!!!....and as far as big dummy goes...i think i could take him in the gullwing!!!

I got an idea Tony ... move it to the center and lets see!
    Duane already told you, I'll tell you and ... I'm sure Vic will tell you ... drag boats have center steer ... it's much safer and better weight distribution.
    So, we know what your ride runs ... you're consistant ... lets see what it does ... you know that's what Tommy would say ...
    my .02

blue wonder
    I got an idea Tony ... move it to the center and lets see!
    Duane already told you, I'll tell you and ... I'm sure Vic will tell you ... drag boats have center steer ... it's much safer and better weight distribution.
    So, we know what your ride runs ... you're consistant ... lets see what it does ... you know that's what Tommy would say ...
    my .02
    10-4 rubber ducky...im already way ahead of you...i spent all day sunday converting it over!!!

that's what I was looking to hear ... good job ...
    much safer at those speeds ... now if my father-in-law would only listen ... I guess you two are running close numbers ... you can tell him if it helps out ...

in the early nineties, I raced by daytona in blown gas. Changed the steering from center steer to left side steering and NOTHING changed as far as et and mph. At the time, the boat ran 8.20's at 120mph. Everyone told me it would be slower, unsafe, etc. I didn't find that to be true. Lots of people speculate about it. As far as steering issues, I've never heard of someone losing power in a boat with off center steering and center steering both in the same boat. That's the only way it could be definitvely decided if it would make a difference when losing power. So, for what it's worth, I've driven the same boat with steering both ways, and didn't notice any difference.
    mrll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast