Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOPE 2007 Poker Run..............ocean run! All welcome! Sept 28-29th

SCOPE
    The dates are set for the 2007 SCOPE (Souther California Offshore Power boat Elite) Poker Run. Billed as one of the largest (completely) open water poker runs in the country, this event, held on September 28th, 29th and 30th in beautiful Long Beach, Ca. will definitely be the weekend you do not want to miss.
    After taking last year off due to permit issues, renovation of local docks and new ownership of prior host hotel, the SCOPE Poker Run is back in full force! Organizers are planning this year to be better than ever with a new host hotel, The Hyatt Regency (http://www.longbeach.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp). Making convenience for poker runners a high priority, organizers were able to secure over 100 boat slips for poker runners, located directly across Pine Ave. from The Hyatt Regency Hotel.
    As usual, Friday will be open for all arrivals and poker runners to launch boats, secure docking, confirm poker run registration and conduct hotel check-in.
    Friday night will be the famous pre-poker run party (which has caused more than one entrant to unfortunately miss Saturdays run!).
    Saturday morning will be the drivers meeting and the 2007 SCOPE poker run. Courses will consist of a "short" course along the California coast line and a "long" course, which includes a trip over to world famous vacation destination, Santa Catalina Island.
    Saturday night will consist of the awards ceremony/dinner.
    Sunday will be open to open water cruising at will and loading of poker run boats at any of the numerous local launching ramps.
    Scope is pleased to announce proceeds from the 2007 poker run will go to local charity "friends of the Long Beach Firefighters".
    Whether you plan on driving your boat in the poker run, riding along as a passenger or simply viewing the impressive start through the picturesque Long Beach Harbor, SCOPE welcomes all. With participation well over 150 boats in recent years, SCOPE is hoping for another great turn out and another safe and joyous event for all involved.
    For more information and updates, please visit the official Southern California Offshore Power boat Elite website at; www.scopeinfo.com
    See you on the water!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PDF Info HERE (http://scopeinfo.com/iB_html/uploads...03_Page_2A.pdf)

shockwavebd
    Already signed up.......can't wait......

Steamin' Rice
    I think I'll be there.......

Coveman
    From what points does the short course start and end?

Steamin' Rice
    The start and finish of the poker run is in Long Beach. The long course includes a stop in Avalon and is about 100 miles. The short course goes down the coast to Newport Beach and back and is about 50 miles.

Dkahnjob
    Sounds like fun, I am going to try to make it. What time does it start, Early enough to have decent water to and from Catalina?

Steamin' Rice
    The run starts in the morning. The water usually isn't too bad, but that all depends on the day. If you have a 35' Fountain you should be OK - I did the run in a 29 Shockwave a few times with no issues.

dicudmore
    I'm game for this

DILLIGAF
    I might be doing this also. Just have to work it out to bring my boat back.

shockwavebd
    I might be doing this also. Just have to work it out to bring my boat back.
    Yea right.....................................

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast