Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Warlockjer
    As a Lake Havasu FULL time resident I was sickened by the picture on the front page of todays News Hearld. It showed a ranger boat unloading what they said was 1 1/2 tons, thats right ONE AND A HALF TONS of garbage left behind by boaters. Walking along the channel it was beyond gross the amount of cigarette butts tossed everywhere. What a bunch of F --- ing inconsiderent (sp) slobs!! It's not the locals doing this, but they are the one cleaning it up...I'm sure no HOT Boaters are leaving any messes behind.........I had to vent, now I think I will go out on my JET SKIS and give someone else something to bitch about

Jyruiz
    I saw a lot of trash Saturday night as I was walking thru the channel, freaking low lifes.

HOOTER SLED-
    I'm gonna take a stab and guess that the majority of it was probably left behind by clueless rookies from the holiday. You know, the same peeps that have no boating etiquette either. True river peeps grew up around it enough and know better.

707dog
    damn sux peeps come and thrash your area like that!!
    i keep a box of garbage bags on my boat for our thrash and when i see bottles and trash floating in the water i just pick it up. some jackazz'z just dont give a shit!!

Not So Fast
    Yep, its pretty gross what people leave behind huh Jerry. Back when North Star Steel was in business they would give the employees the day off with pay if they participated in the organized clean up. One of my sons did it one time and he said it was beyond his imagination as to what kind of slobs people are. Also said it wasnt any fun and hard work But the city wont say anything because it may upset the visitors and there goes all the revenue. NSF

RitcheyRch
    Saw some in Blythe but wasnt too bad. The place we launched from gives everyone a plastic trash bag and seemed like most used them. In the cover we saw some broken bottles which we cleaned up since was afraid someone would step on it and cut their foot to hell.
    Some people just dont freaking care but will be the first to complain if that area gets taken away from us.

spectratoad
    I have alwayslived by the rule, "If you pack it in, you pack it out." I also try to leave with more trash then I come with. We always walk our area, rake our firepit and try to leave it better than we found it.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Cruising thru the North End of the channel yesterday you would not believe the number of trash bags that were on the shore that were just full. Hats off to all the people that took the time to go down and pick up all of the trash that was not disposed of properly to begin with.....

Not So Fast
    I have alwayslived by the rule, "If you pack it in, you pack it out." I also try to leave with more trash then I come with. We always walk our area, rake our firepit and try to leave it better than we found it.
    They also gave you a T shirt with that phrase on it "PACK IT IN_PACK IT OUT !! Just watch the market parking lots and you will see people stocking up for the day and throw their ice bags and 30 pack containers out on the ground !!!!NSF

Benjhamina
    I can deal with the lake lice, new boaters on rentals and the roided out angry d*cks looking to fight but the one thing I can't stand is trash. I always put out trash bags on the boat and tied to the easy up and still my OWN group will throw their crap on the ground. I just don't get it and it makes me feel like a trashy POS. THROW YOUR SH*T IN THE TRASH BAG!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast