Thread: Nylon pump bushings

maxwedge
    I'm painting my pump today and decided I just want to replace all the little nylon bushings for the steering nozzel and reverse bucket. I'm assuming these are commonly avail at Jet boat Performance or Rex, etc right? But being as it's Saturday and I would like to get it back together, is there anything particularly special about them or can I just get nylon bushings that match at a hardware store or something?

Moneypitt
    I'm painting my pump today and decided I just want to replace all the little nylon bushings for the steering nozzel and reverse bucket. I'm assuming these are commonly avail at Jet boat Performance or Rex, etc right? But being as it's Saturday and I would like to get it back together, is there anything particularly special about them or can I just get nylon bushings that match at a hardware store or something?
    I don't think you'll find them at a hardware store. The originals are really thin walled. I'm sure Rex carries them............MP
    PS, I made them out of brass and drilled the shafts to acept zerk fittings for grease...........

MudPumper
    Rex Marine has them here.
    http://www.rexmar.com/page122.html