Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v drive flat bottom question .

FOMOCO76
    I currently own a 18 ft jet boat , it is my first boat . have had it for 2 years . My question is what is a fast flat bottom like to drive . and what kind would be a good candidate for my 600 hp 514 bbf .

GofastRacer
    FOMOCO76:
    I currently own a 18 ft jet boat , it is my first boat . have had it for 2 years . My question is what is a fast flat bottom like to drive . and what kind would be a good candidate for my 600 hp 514 bbf . Answer to your first question, BITCHIN!!.
    Second, what do you want to do, go straight or be able to turn and go back where you came from?, either one is a good candidate!.
    [ August 22, 2003, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

SERIOUS ISSUES
    I HAVE HAD SEVERAL FLATS. BIESEMEYER, REVENGE COLE TR2 AND A DEMARCO. IF YOU ARE IN MORE CHOP THAN FLAT WATER THE BIESEMEYER OR SOMETHING LIKE IT IS AWSOME. STABLE PLATFORM AND LIKE GOFAST SAID IT TURNS. ITS ALMOST LIKE HAVEING A REALY FAST JET SKI (TURNS ON A DIME AND GIVES CHANGE)
    IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE SPEED AND FIND SMOOTH WATER I LOVED MY TR2. VERY FAST, MINE DID 102 W/ 600HP. THAT WAS NOT VERY FAST BUT WE HAD SHORT GEARS AND IT CAME OUT OF THE HOLE LIKE A ROCKET.
    AT THE LAKE THOUGH IT GETS A BIT LOOSE IN THE CHOP.
    MY CHOICE ONE OF EACH!!!!!

A ride in a jetboat is like a Sunday drive in the park....A ride in a flat is better than the best ride at 6 Flags/Magic Mountain.......nuff said!

GofastRacer
    058:
    A ride in a jetboat is like a Sunday drive in the park....A ride in a flat is better than the best ride at 6 Flags/Magic Mountain.......nuff said! I'll go along with that!..

FOMOCO76:
    I currently own a 18 ft jet boat , it is my first boat . have had it for 2 years . My question is what is a fast flat bottom like to drive . and what kind would be a good candidate for my 600 hp 514 bbf . The man is about to get religeon.
    Get the v-drive, any one will do.
    Morg.

FOMOCO76
    I play on the lake's mostly so I would be in chop definetly . The ultimate for me is the acceleration top speeds cool but , dont want to sacrifice handling and hole shot for top speed .Of course I want it all .

BADBLOWN572
    FOMOCO76 Trust me, you won't be dissapointed with any of the characteristics of a flat bottom (except handling rough water). I have always been in big boats and last weekend I went for a ride in a K boat out at Irvine lake and I was very impressed. The things tun on a dime and at high speeds. Acceleration was incredible too. I am seriously considering getting one myself. If you have 600 h.p. you won't be dissapointed with the performance.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    LIKE A OLD FUEL ALLTERED

CircleJerk
    In the last Classic V-drive newsletter, there was a 1977 {70-74} Lavey Craft with a Ford for around 7 Gs. The best of your world and mine....you cant beat a Lavey for an impressive lake boat. Its the only flat with a trunk lid to access the rudder and battery but also streamlines the boat{designed in a wind tunnel I' smile_sp m told} and prevents some Jerks wake from swamping you while in the pit stop mode! A very rare boat worthy of checking it out. NoJeRkinYa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast